Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everybody...

im now getting into the bikers' world. got my permit today and can't wait to ride. just a problem though... i'm having dilemma on which bike to get. ill appreciate any inputs on the following options that im looking into

buell blast or xb12scg
ducati monster 695
kawi 250
or any other suggestions...

pls take into consideration that ive ridden a bike once in my life ten years ago, im just 5'4" 150 lbs

thanks in advance!

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Here's the thing, there is a huge difference between those bikes, both in power and price.

If you really like the xb12scg or the monster I would buy a cheap beater bike to learn on for the first few months. Something that you don't mind dropping, denting, or scratching. You can get a used Kawi 250 really cheap (less than 2 grand). Take the safety class, buy a cheap used bike, get acquainted with riding, and then buy something pricy and shiny.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
thank you for the prompt reply. i just viewed the 2008 kawi 250r and i think its perfect for me. i wonder when its gona be released?
The new 2008 baby Ninja is probably perfect for your learning curve. The new body style is much more modern than 2007 and earlier. The baby Ninja puts out the same power as the Buell Blast, is much lighter, way more fun to play with and the insurance will be dirt cheap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.