Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
The Blast is a favorite for the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's Rider Training Class, so that says a lot about their suitability for the beginning rider. They are light, have a reasonably low seat height, and Buell has solid build quality.

Two downsides, but certainly not deal breakers: the demand for used Blasts isn't great, and you may find yourself outgrowing it quickly. They are pretty underpowered for much more than putting around town. Think of it as a big scooter. If you like the looks and your feet touch the ground when seated on it, then go for it!

Good luck, and welcome!

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Thanks for your input. I'm not looking for a lot of speed or power in my first bike. I want to make sure I'm comfortable before that ever becomes an issue.
Good plan. A lot of times the reality of motorcycling doesn't match the expectations, and expensive bikes wind up sitting in garages or being sold for a pretty big loss.

Are you planning for, or have you attended a new rider training class yet? Sometimes that can help a new rider decide if they want to go to the next step before actually purchasing a bike.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts