Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Re: Hmm, some provable never payout...

Shawn Riley was riding for Vallejo HD-Buell and leading the Formula IV class in 2005 when I think he crashed hard or something and missed a big chunk of that season & 2006.

I heard Vallejo bought an XBRR, don't know if Shawn will be back to ride it.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Forgot about the Thruxton Cup. Is AHRMA still bankrupt? There's termoil afoot. Hope it works out for the racers.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Its the same as with ANY contingency program in all types of racing. Why does everything Buell or HD does have to be viewed negatively. I can assure you, racers appreciate this type of effort. Every little bit helps when you're trying to compete on a shoe string.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Its the same as with ANY contingency program in all types of racing. Why does everything Buell or HD does have to be viewed negatively. I can assure you, racers appreciate this type of effort. Every little bit helps when you're trying to compete on a shoe string.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Go here: http://www.buell.com/en_us/mania/racing/racingsupport.asp and download the contingency form. All the rules and payouts for each series and class are spelled out clearly.

They pay to 5th place in most cases. I think a decent racer on a lightly-prepped XB12R could clean up in a lot of classes. AFM Formula IV, for instance, is hotly-contested, but mostly by 80hp-ish SV650s. Toss a 100hp bike that doesn't weigh a whole lot more and it's a no-brainer.

Who among the MOrons will take up the challenge of racing a Buell in 2007? Please email us to let us know.

-Gabe

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
ditto for me

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Good point.. At least they are competing...

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Good to hear (or not maybe). Hopefully, everyone gets what they need from this and racing can continue.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
Huh?

This has got to be perhaps the most non-anti-Buell thread since I've been here.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.