Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
If the exhaust on my Buell were any louder I couldn't hear all the motor parts thrashing around and banging into each other.

Sounds like hell on a tin fiddle but I love it...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I'll give you Bueller's credit: you all are one fired up bunch. 45.5 meg download! 90+ pages of text. Dyno charts, Sound files. Yikes.

Gettin' mighty hot here so looks like (sounds like - nyuck) I've got somthing to do besides naps.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I was recently poking around on the Buell site and read a article in a british mag that says the XB is one of the best handling bikes they ever road. On par to a 250 GP bike. I admit the motor isn't the greatest thing but I've had many buells loose me in the tristy stuff (i kill them on the flats). I admit I might be more interested in one if it just didn't have the stigma tied behind it. Eric buy a Ducati motor or the TL motor from Suzuki or jam that VR motor into that frame! I'd line up to buy it.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Gotta love exhaust systems that give you lots of oral stimulation!

But, trying to change the subject from the craven knuckling under of MO to the Evil Corporate OpppressorTM, Suzuki, ain't gonna wash! Up the revolution!

·
Registered
124 Posts
"I've had many buells loose me in the tristy stuff (i kill them on the flats)."

I don't get it. Doesn't a Buell go way fast enough in a straight line to be put under the jail if you get caught?

I mean is the Buell's top speed less than 100 mph?

If so then wouldn't that only be an issue on a racetrack?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got a "Thrush Turbo" or a couple of Glass Pak Cherry Bombs left over from my hot roddin' days in the 80s that look like they would fit. Would look as good as the stock "Pep boys" buell exhaust but give it that real old-timey 'merican sound. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
well i oun a 2004 firebolt 12R and when i tried to find an aftermarket muffler last year, the options where mighty slim, so as many other buell riders around here are forced to do, i ended up with the buell raceing muffler, and ouch, around 3000 rpm's i cant even hear myself think.....I LOVE IT!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Think you might be missing the point here.

That modified Sportster motor is ESSENTIAL to the Buell. It DEFINES the Buell. It is the contrast between that refined high-tech sportbike chassis and the rip-snortin' rudeness of that mean old motor that makes the Buell so delicious. Razor handling plus booming V-twin thrust equals an intensely satisfying ride.

Only the passage of years will tell the tale, but I'm pretty sure the Buells will be remembered as truly great motorcycles --- modern and future classics.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.