Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Good for Buell. They've come a long way.

I'd like to see Buell diversify the product line a bit futher now. The new XB12TT is just a CityX with the 12 motor and unpainted plastic which you have to paint.

That's not exactly a new model in my eyes.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Well that new Fischer deal looks like it's about ready to roll, modern motor and all.

We'll see how many of these yahoos put their money where there mouths are.

I'm sure his website is lighting up from all those who want "an American built sportbike."

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
If I had to guess I'd say that Buell sells more units than Aprilia, Ducati, KTM, and MotoGuzzi combined in the US.

So much for the alternative Vtwin theory.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Who would want to step into a market where you have to spend piles of cash on R&D and then throw out the product every two years for a redesign to make it .01% better or else the squidlys will abandon it in droves?

Oh and it has to be really cheap so you can make practically no margin on it as well.

I wonder if Buell could do a 60 degree air-cooled DOHC motor and still fit it into that chassis?

It could be less vibey and more revvy. Perhaps be a lot lighter than the Sporty mill as well.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Geez if Buell comes out with one I might steal the title from the Grape Prophylactic.

I figure H-D already has plenty of experience with 60 degree twins so why not? The core Buellers would dig it and it might bring in some Ducati Monster buyers.

The squids would still stay away in droves but who gives a crap? They have no brand loyalty anyway and would just jack up insurance rates with their crappy riding.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts