Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
kpaul suggestions for Buell i.e to sell 200,000 bikes

[*]Invest and build a new engines. 750 and 1000 V-Twins liquid cooled

[*] Add a sport tourer i.e Firebolt with raised bars lowered pegs, ABS with hard bags like the old ST they used to sell

[*] Run in AMA Superbike and Supersport series with bikes with the new engines. Get hip Bostrom brothers to ride and star in commercials on MTV, ESPN, Fox, CW, Spike and USA

[*] Give discount or special financing to vets and military personnel

[*] Give bikes to celebrities i.e. VIP demos Tom Cruise, etc

[*] Give loaner bikes to the major rags and web sites

[*]Renew Buell Blast trade in program i.e new riders by a Buell Blast with a special trade in deal for bigger Buell

Go after Gen Y and X in a big way.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Agreed. Good Catch

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Thanks Buz

Thanks for making my point on the Aprilia thread. i.e. If folks want distinctive engines Buell could build them. Look at Aprilia, Ducati, KTM and Triumph. I agree my inline 4 is not distinctive. My point is they don't have to make the Triumph mistake of building an inline 4 600cc sportbike. They can build a modern V-Twin and sell a ton of bikes.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: kpaul suggestions for Buell i.e to sell 200,000 bikes

Aprilia did it. Ducati did it. KTM did it. I think HD has the money but not the intelligence/long-term vision to do it. Not everyone wants a cruiser or a V-Rod especially Gen Y and X. You go up against the Japanese by being different. Triumph learned the hard way not to compete with an inline 4 with TT600.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Yep they fixed it. He is back in denial again... :) just kidding. In this case denial is riding around on bike with a inferior engine.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: The definitive idea......

I think you are on to the right direction but wrong engine configuration. I think the inline 4 will screw up the Buell chasis. The Buell chasis and looks are fantastic. Too me the Firebolt still looks like a new design to me. Even though I put down twins all the time, I think Aprilia, Ducati, and KTM have shown that modern liquid cooled V-Twins can be terrific sport bikes. Did you check out the Aprilia story on the V-4? If you click on that link you will see their new V-Twin bikes as well. Awesome.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Vulcan 14

LOL Good one..I can see the next mega cruiser from Kawasaki. Turn the ZX-14 engine length-ways around a cruiser frame

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Sure I can complain about the the tranny, fouled rear plugs, etc. Some folks say it actually has a narrow power band because it can't rev like a modern twin..

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Are you content with ...

Until Buell wins a race people will complain etc. You are probably right but logic doesn't sell bikes. Put a modern engine in the Buell and then race it and win. You could sell several hundred thousand bikes. Till then be content with the 100,000 bikes per 20+ years

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
The Denial crowd.

Remember longride and Buz are part of W's "you can fool some of the people all of time" crowd. ' Sell it to him. Go for it. longride will ride it home from work on those straight and flat streets of Chicago, slap himself in front of the TV watching Faux News with Bud in hand typing on his computer how putting oil in his Buell every 500 miles is no big deal..

Meanwhile mscuddy is riding a Speed Triple humming Rule, Britannia!

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Every weekend... oops never you're right don't tell longride.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
GPTB still DOESN'T GET IT. One more time students.

longride you are so short sighted. Are Gen Ys going to buy cruisers? Not just no but hell no. HD's market is going to start dying off. Buell is the future. But they have to get a modern engine. longride the only constant in life is change. All of you are thinking the urrent market demographics are static. longride you are a young boomer. My neighbor is an old boomer and he is 60. What is the average age of the HD buyer? The only way to bring in young buyers is to build a bike that will apeal to Gen Y and X. Buell with a Ducati 748 or 1000 cc type engine would sell like hot cakes.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: That's the KP we're used to....

Hey I have been right a hell of lot more times than you, Buz and longride combined. You guys were on Burns and I when we said the Iraq war was a big mistake. You and your buds were wrong again about W, Fox News, WMD, etc. The list goes on and on..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts