Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Things that make you go Hmmm...

Jerry McWilliams is almost certainly the best rider in Formula Exterme. He's a MotoGP god who had some bad luck with injuries. Heck, he could probably beat half the field riding on a Ninja 250. (I should bring my DVD of Faster and see if I can get it autographed.)

The Buell has made-to-measure rules designed to benefit it (effectively unlimited displacement, engines, and chassis modifications, especially compared to the 600cc supersports its running against).

And Sears Point, err, infineon, is probably the most twisted road course possible, favoring handling over horsepower (especially with the addition of the "Bus stop" chicane in what was once the back 'straightaway', and the short turn 12 used for motorcycle racing rather than the long Nascar turn 12)

If the Buell stands a chance, its here. I'm definatly going to be watching, and as much as I wish Buell would take that air cooled POS lump and pack it in and replace it with a real engine, I guess I just gotta root for McWilliams.

Its good to see that Buell is no longer claiming it as distinct from the XB12, but as a "modified version".

Oh, and race time is 5pm on Saturday.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
who me? i just think it is pretty cool one nut pursues obsesssive thing thru thick and thin, up against goliath, it is the classic story upon which all classic stories are built and most interesting thing going on in ama. Cept for, will Spies beat Madlin again?

would it not be interesting, if Buell wins a race or 2, to see like Yamaha version of XB12? Hmmmm...

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Wow! Saturday, 5 pm. I should be there. Any addition to the field is always welcome. And, to all the Harley/Ricer loudmouths out there who have been bashing one another for as long as I've been reading this forum, remember the old Nascar saying: "The bull***** stops when the Green flag drops."

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Ducati should enter a ST or Monster.

If Buell wins a race Ducati should race one of it's superior air cooled V-Twins..

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Something EB would recite?

So ’ere’s to you, Yamahaha, at your ’ome in old Japan;

You’re all pore benighted ’eathens but have first-class machinery man;

We gives you your certificate, an’ if you want it signed

We’ll come an’ ’ave a romp with you whenever you’re inclined.

(queue in sound of exploding clutch baskets)

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
"Let's hope the Japanese-made parts don't fail Buell again!"The black helicopters are circling Buz's house again

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts

That's the problem with working from home. Have to put a time-lock on the 'fridge.

Un mas steel reserve por favorito.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts

Billy do ya do drugs? Okay good...

no, go on all your great poets were bombed. Musta been i'm thinking. bust out your iambic pentameter! (could be in the box behind all the Aermacchi pistons)

·
Registered
5,030 Posts

"Turning and turning on the meltening tire,

The rider cannot hear the failed con-rod;

Things fall apart; the crankcase cannot hold;

Mere motor oil is loosed upon the track...

"And what rough Buell,

its hour come 'round at last,

slouches toward Infineon to be boned."

(I kid because I love. Buells are cuell.)

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Mr. Yeats, is that you?

Haha, you've been "Borked" I see. Next you'll be "defining deviancy down".

·
Registered
156 Posts
Re: Ducati should enter a ST or Monster.

Better check the AMA rule book. Whaddaya wanna bet that any V-twin except the Buell has to be show room stock, except for removal of the lights and mounting DOT approved versions of race tires?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.