Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Re: Talk show caller

Too bad you only have half the brain that a talk show caller has, and incite the rest of the folk with even less of a brain to believe you are right.

-You want to get right with God, buy a bicycle.

-Get rid of the SUV? Try towing a boat with your bike, or getting to your favorite camping spot with your wife and kids and a weekends worth of gear on your bike or a honda hybrid.

-Stupid, thumbsucking, trying to be manly in their unsafe vehicles? Bikes are six times more dangerous to ride than your average car (regardless of the reason butthead, don't go into a rant on this).

-Motorcycle riding takes cojones? It does take skill and attention but it is the jerks who use their bikes and open the throttle for acceleration at "mind-bending rates" on a regular basis that give the rest of us a bad name. Not that I don't love performance, and opening it up once in a while, but it takes skill, not cojones. But if you think it makes you a bigger man, fine Francis. And if you do it on the track, well, there goes your arguement for pampered Americans as you indulge yourself because you can, and it's a free country.

-America only imports a little more than 10% of our oil. Our main interest in the middle east is because of reserves, and the world market. Japans oil is 100% imported. Imagine if the cost of fuel went up 200% for them. Your beloved GSXR 750 would cost more than a Harley.

-I hate responding to people who are either truly stupid, or feel the need to incite others. But there are some who truly care, and might even take your convoluted figures for fact and make an informed decision based on them, so I felt the need to answer.

-By the way, you might get pissed off daily, but you are no John Burns.

· Registered
12 Posts
Re: What planet are you on itcmdr?

http://www.eia.doe.gov/oil_gas/petroleum/feature_articles/pet_feature_articles.html

Hmmm. Checked my facts. You're right! We only import 6-8% on an average for the country, although the oil that is used on the east coast is 15-20% imported during peak months, and most of that is Canadian, European, and Carribean. Don't buy into the retoric. Our government worries more about our reserves and global prices than anything else. When OPEC raises prices, they raise prices here to reduce consumption so that we do not have to go into our reserves, or up refinery capacity, which normally runs at 60-80% . As a matter of fact, of couple American companies import NO oil.

I've included the above website for you to peruse, it is one of the most informative. Now you can check your facts!

· Registered
12 Posts
Re: What planet are you on itcmdr?

Anton_1,Gotta love it! I found two documents showing that we are currently in production of about 8.2 million gallons a day, and are importing approx. 560,000 gallons to meet demand. Of course after reading your post I went back through several other documents, graphs and charts, and based on those, it does appear that we are importing about 52% for the first 8 mos. of 2002! And about half of that from OPEC.

I Stand corrected Mr. Cook.

· Registered
12 Posts
Re: Talk show caller

Geez Vlad, I hate to keep putting flaming bags of poop on each others porch, but there you go again, and so go I

(now where did I put that eng.comp book?)

I'm generally good with facts and figures, but after my last gaff I hate to say anything. HOWEVER, your beloved Outback with a 3.0 is only rated to tow 2400 lbs. Gosh, thats a whole bassboat ya' got there. I live 20 minutes from the ocean. The lightest boat I have pulled in the last five years is 5000 lbs. I'll take the big truck.

Do you really believe not buying oil will stop terrorism in some small part? We are dealing with messes that our own government has helped created since WWI! If you really want to cut back on terrorism, stop supporting Israel! In 1946 we could have given them a national park as big as their country, a park that was unoccupied! But nooooo, we displaced another people in another country so they could have what they want. They've suffered terribly for it.

Terrorism is a weak and simple mans war. They are bullies. We are doing the right thing. But if you stop buying oil from OPEC, then they will raise the cost to rest of the world, and in the end, we will get in in the rear, one way or another, unless the entire world comes together against them. Won't happen. Hell, we can't even agree to anything on this forum.

By the way, some simpleton with notions like yours is probably in congress right now trying to get the national speed limit back to 55mph to save a couple of gallons of oil, or raising taxes on gas to reduce its consumption and finance the war on terrorism.

(and I don't know you well enough to dislike you, but I do know that I didn't like your thread)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.