Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: It's obvious! Don't you guys read scripture.

Well, that settles it for me "Davids Triumph was heard throughout the land" I though Jesus would have rode an '01 1200S Bandit, you know a modest yet powerfull machine, not ostentatious or flashey, simple, steady and reliable but still able to show the heathen his tail pipe when needed for a practical demonstration of his all encompassing power, but I guess a speed triple would have the same effect, and he did warn about beast's from the east,,,,,So Triumph it is, another mystery from the dawn of time settled.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Ronnie's energy policy was actually quite sound, ie;1], Oil is a finite resourse,2], many countries have oil including us,3], Let's burn all their oil first, and save ours. The only current viable alternative to fossil fuels is nuclear energy, designed and operated to a single standard, instead of a dozen differant design's that we have now.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: Not so fast Crash The real cost of Arab Oil

You're right about the epa standards, those vehicales are driven like cars, they should be subject to the same emission requirements, as far as suv's being driven off road, lets do the math, Most people aren't going to risk a scratch on a vehicale they just spent $40k on, and if you don't know how to drive off-road the only thing 4wd is going to do is get you further out in the sticks before you get stuck, People can drive whatever they can afford, and suv's are damn handy if you actually work them, but I think in most situations a minivan or sedan would be more practical, cheaper and safer, an interesting study I read stated that in some cases like hitting a fixed or larger object, your actually more likely to get hurt in an suv, because body-on-frame vehicales transfer energy to the occupants, where as uni-body design's with crumple zones and energy channeling construction deflect energy away from the occupants, not to mention stability issues with more top-heavy design's. with all the advances in saftey, performance, suspension, steering, and tire's available in new cars, why would you take a 20yr. step backward with an suv?

going Brand spankin' new $40K suv,

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: Not so fast Crash The real cost of Arab Oil

Yeah, I hear that, I tried to talk my wife into a legacy wagon or a forrester, but she didn't like them, and I got a good deal on an Altima, so thats what I got, up here the AWD system on Subaru's is really popular, the Escape and the Mazda version seem to sell well too.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
There is a club like that, it's called the democratic party, they're the ones who usually come in second in election's, it seems the great un-washed don't appreciate their advice after all.,,,,, my advice would be that if you don't like SUV's, don't f***n' buy one, just like any fad, the suv craze will wear it's self out, people will get tired of clanking around in whats basicaly a truck that cost's $45 grand and get's s***y gas milage and go back to cars, now, take a deep breath, pat yourself on the back for saving us from ourselves, and go ride your motorcycle, {you do have one?}

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.