Motorcycle Forums banner
81 - 100 of 135 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Re: Wrong

I find it interesting that you need to flaunt your education and knowledge of the Bible but claim to be an agnostic. To be an agnostic means to be one who believes that there can be no proof of the existence of God but does not deny the possibility that God exists.

From a Scriptural point of view you believe in God and His Son Jesus as God in the flesh or you don't. Jesus Himself said, "He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad." Matt. 12:30. There is no inbetween. You either believe or you don't.

Your statement about Jesus condoning public nudity is blasphemy, because you wrote irreverently about Jesus' nature- He is holy and righteous and would never condone anything unholy or unrighteous. I suggest being careful about the things you say or write as you will be held accountable one day for them as will I.

As far as the Scriptures go, I suggest pulling out a concordance, you should have learned how to use one in all your years of "Christian" education, and look up the following words: fornication, sexual immorality, adultery, homosexuality. The Bible contains many scriptures which speak against these things. Here are a few chapters for review:

Romans 1; 1 Corinthians 6; Galatians 5.

I have been one of the people that has stated I don't think this is the place for politics and religion etc. I still believe that. The only reason I responded is because I felt a need to stand up for my Lord and His righteouness. I definitely don't want to get into a debate about this. You are free to believe what you want as am I, but please don't bring Jesus into the posts about motorcycles- not even in a tongue and cheek way.

· Registered
415 Posts

How could anyone get in a debate with you on this topic. You're obviously right and anyone with a different thought is wrong. All the tripe you spew is based on a single text and human interpretation of that text.

If you would read what your "Lord and His righteousness" has to say as much as you read the things that support you closed-minded view you would find He never said anything against; fornication, sexual immorality, adultery or homosexuality. His word was Love and acceptence.

Before you say blasphemy you might try refering back to that text and read what Jesus said. And try to think for yourself about it.

Never forget, the preachers, priests and rabbi's of the world have been doing all the things you decry and they helped in one form or another to create your idea of what your "Lord" is.

· Registered
130 Posts
>>Well, guys dig big SUVs and big pickups. It makes-em feel, well, manly.

True when I'm going to the track with my race bike in the back of my 6 person(four kids and lady on non race weekends) race hauler pickup I do feel, well, manly ;-)

It's time to go after the oil company's for keeping alternative fuels out of business.

T #737 CSS

· Banned
2,752 Posts
OK city boy and why this SUV rant doesn't relate to Chicago

I grew up in the Colorado mountains near Steamboat Springs the ski area. Snow starts in October ends in May. Let me correct your assertions

Also a 4 wheel SUV is better in the snow.

False. big time. The minvans lower center of gravity is much better on icy snow packed roads. The only place were you need four wheel drive is in deep unplowed snow. MOst of the guys in the ditch coming back from Vail (Colorado) or Crystal Mountain (WA) are SUV guys going to fast can't stop[/i] A minvan with frontwheel drive is better for most people. They also make AWD minivans.

Since you are isolated in Chicago which has a wealth of public transit this whole SUV rant is probably not big on your list. On the west coast where most folks have to commute by freeway, you see freeways clogged with these things. In LA and Seattle because we have bad transportation systems you see folks with one occupant driving a huge SUV in bumper to bumper traffic. Thus the rant. I think you midwest guys just can relate.

· Registered
49 Posts
As much as i LOVE to ride two strokes...

the green part of me can't work up the nerve to do it. Even something as small as a 250 or 350 is nothing more than a pollution pump. Heck, they even make the old late 60's muscle cars look Green by compairison.

Of course let's put the dinosaurs out of business and fund research on Solar Furnaces. Use said furnaces to rip the hydrogen and oxygen out of seawater. Then I will be more than happy to ride my hydrogen powered motorcycle...

· Registered
59 Posts

Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning!

I think I hit a nerve- sorry!

What do you mean by single text? The Bible is 66 books bound together as one with about 40 different authors written over a period of 1500 years.

Read Matthew 5, 15, 19. Jesus is teaching each time.

By the way, the entire Bible is inspired by God. Therefore, we have the words of Jesus along with many others that reflect God's Word and will. Read the whole book and you will find what I have written to be accurate.

I didn't write it, I simply believe it and since on this site we are supposed to be able to express our opinions that is what I am doing. I believe I have the right to do that without being attacked. I didn't attack anyone. I simply pointed out that I felt something that was written was blasphemous according to God. If you don't agree get mad at Him not me!!

· Registered
49 Posts
The Differance between NEED a truck and WANT a truck

One of my good friends is an elevator repairman. There is NO WAY he could do his job without a truck. But that is work.

I do have a beef with the person driving 50 each way in thier leviathian all by themself. What a waste. The only time one of those massive beasts becomes practical is when you have more than 5 people or 4 people and one hell of a lot of luggage. Oh, better add a trailer to that.

I do ride my motorcycle to work, and I have no qualms getting a Californa model with Fuel Injection and leave the exhaust as is (a VFR would be nice :) )

· Registered
1,459 Posts

Actually, if you read my post, I never stated that Jesus condoned public nudity -- what I did say was that it was far from certain that he OPPOSED it. While that comment was intended to be somewhat in jest, I stand behind it. I am fairly confident that Jesus was never quoted -- even third or 4th hand (as is likely the case of what is written in the Gospels) -- as saying anything even remotely addressing the subject. I doubt that it came up that often, given the likely paucity of strip clubs in Israel circa AD30.

Certainly Paul believed that sex was, in itself, sinful or at least bordering on such, but that as a last resort, it was "better to marry than to burn." He also had some fairly opinionated ideas of the proper role for women. Aside from certain Catholic traditionalists, most contemporary Christians (and I do not refer to the so called "liberals" only) do not fully share those views.

As for the Old Testament refererences condemning fornication and adultery, for every such citation, there are examples that suggest that these rules were regularly flouted by God's chosen leaders, generally without any record of God's displeasure.

· Registered
1,459 Posts

>>To be an agnostic means to be one who believes that there can be no proof of the existence of God but does not deny the possibility that God exists. <<

You have very accrurately summarized my beliefs -- I would go a step further and state that, not only do I not deny the possibility of the existance of God, I would probably acknowledge the PROBOBILITY that God exists.

What I am much more uncertain of, is the nature of God, if it exists.

The Christian, or Judeo-Christian views of God are far from the only ones out there, and within Judeo-Christian circles, there are widely differing interpretations of God's nature, and even more widely differing views of how to interpret his guidance and moral laws.

I am sufficiently familiar with fundamentalist Christian belief to realize that if I should find myself facing St Peter (or whatever forum my final judgement may take), there are things I have done that I could have a hard time justifying; however, any supposed blasphemy regarding my remarks about Jesus' views on public nudity would not be very far up on the list.

It was not my intention to offend anyone. I am certain that none of my clergy friends (I have several, including an Orthodox Rabbi, a couple Southern Baptist pastors and a Seventh-day Adventist minister) would have taken offense.

I agree that this is not the forum to debate theology

· Registered
5 Posts
As much as I agree with the sympathies that vlad (what a great name! I personally use Vuk as much as possible myself) expresses, I have to make a correction.

It ain't the manly men driving these road-going coal barges around here. Women. Almost all women. And often with a cell phone planted in the ear.

While I'm aware of the need to avoid gender stereotyping, it should be plain by now that women are every bit as greedy, stupid, self-involved and status oriented as guys.

Most of the women that I know who drive these idiotic quasi-vehicles say that they like the feeling of safety they get. And, I love this one, they don't have to reach down into a trunk to get packages out.

Sorry vlad, you are waaaaay behind the times. It has been a while since the car of choice of the young lady had been the pink Mustang 6 cylinder convertible. It is now the Eddie Bauer Expedition or the Lincoln equivalent.

So -- open up the rant. Include the ladies. If they can wear t-shirts that say "Does My Ass Look Fast In This" they can take a punch for driving some of the most senseless, menaingless and destructive land leviathans ever to escape from the design zoo we call Detroit.

Vuk

· Registered
12 Posts
Re: What planet are you on itcmdr?

http://www.eia.doe.gov/oil_gas/petroleum/feature_articles/pet_feature_articles.html

Hmmm. Checked my facts. You're right! We only import 6-8% on an average for the country, although the oil that is used on the east coast is 15-20% imported during peak months, and most of that is Canadian, European, and Carribean. Don't buy into the retoric. Our government worries more about our reserves and global prices than anything else. When OPEC raises prices, they raise prices here to reduce consumption so that we do not have to go into our reserves, or up refinery capacity, which normally runs at 60-80% . As a matter of fact, of couple American companies import NO oil.

I've included the above website for you to peruse, it is one of the most informative. Now you can check your facts!

81 - 100 of 135 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.