Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Snuggles
4,369 Posts
I just bought a couple of Yamahas in the past week. I bought them used because I am really tired of the dealership mentality. It seems bike dealerships have a high rate of incompetence and most of it seems to stem from the owners. Oh, and try buying a bike for a woman. You tell them you’re looking for a 250cc bike and they pretty much roll their eyes and tell you they can’t help you, don’t carry any and don’t know anyone that does. What the hell?!

The dealerships around Philly are pretty useless it seems (although the Mongomeryville Cycle Center seems pretty solid, they actually help customer...shocking!) and AZ has their share of [email protected]@sses also. Now I’m trying to get gear for her and I have some stupid punk 20 year old saleshole telling me "This Joe Rocket mesh jacket is enough protection. My buddy on his Gixxer was doin’ 90 on I-95 when he crashed doing a wheelie and he didn’t have a scratch on him".

…We then left the dealership.

The sad thing is, I’m pretty much walking into dealerships, money in hand saying we want good gear and what do you have? They respond with "Just what’s on the racks, we can order anything, but if you don’t like it it’s a 25% restocking fee". And that doesn't help since you need to try it on to make sure it actually fits right.

Oh, and we bought a Virago 250 with 124 miles on it from a nice older couple. She’s quite happy with it. It is a fun little bike, actually.

...Hmm...I guess I sort of left the topic of the story, didn't I.

· Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Nice! :)

Yeah, the political/social discussions are fun to watch here. I just can't throw my hat into it anymore. It's like screaming under water; a whole lot of effort for very little results.

Got to hand it to KPaul, though. That little bastard sure does have some stamina. I don't agree with him, but he is persistent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.