Motorcycle Forums banner
81 - 100 of 268 Posts

· The Toad
17,449 Posts
You're right. If you tried to retaliate against every middle management idiot in a suit you ran into each day you'd have time for nothing else.

· Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Re: Ummm...

"Wealth redistribution is the chief belief of the liberal fer crissakes"

Yeah, as long as it's sombody ELSE'S wealth.

Why do I have visions of Gabe's delicate features getting contortions, and the hair on the back of his neck standing up every time someone says "liberals" in a condscending tone? I thought liberals were the "tolerant" ones?? LOL

· Registered
1,072 Posts
Re: I think he has something here

Actually Hoovers numbers weren't as bad as many red-staters (banjo music playing) might believe.

"The record is clear that Hoover did not cause the crash. After the 1929 Stock Market crash, Hoover ordered the federal departments to speed up construction projects and asked all 48 governors to also extend their public work programs. Hoover sent Congress a budget with a $160 million tax cut, to spur growth, along with doubling the amount spent on public works. At first he received much praise for his work. The"The New York Times" wrote of him in the spring of 1930 by saying "No one in his place could have done more"

For more see link Hoover the scapegoat

Unlike Bush, Hoover knew hard work "After he graduated from Stanford, at age 20, he worked in a California mine"

· Snuggles
4,369 Posts
I just bought a couple of Yamahas in the past week. I bought them used because I am really tired of the dealership mentality. It seems bike dealerships have a high rate of incompetence and most of it seems to stem from the owners. Oh, and try buying a bike for a woman. You tell them you’re looking for a 250cc bike and they pretty much roll their eyes and tell you they can’t help you, don’t carry any and don’t know anyone that does. What the hell?!

The dealerships around Philly are pretty useless it seems (although the Mongomeryville Cycle Center seems pretty solid, they actually help customer...shocking!) and AZ has their share of [email protected]@sses also. Now I’m trying to get gear for her and I have some stupid punk 20 year old saleshole telling me "This Joe Rocket mesh jacket is enough protection. My buddy on his Gixxer was doin’ 90 on I-95 when he crashed doing a wheelie and he didn’t have a scratch on him".

…We then left the dealership.

The sad thing is, I’m pretty much walking into dealerships, money in hand saying we want good gear and what do you have? They respond with "Just what’s on the racks, we can order anything, but if you don’t like it it’s a 25% restocking fee". And that doesn't help since you need to try it on to make sure it actually fits right.

Oh, and we bought a Virago 250 with 124 miles on it from a nice older couple. She’s quite happy with it. It is a fun little bike, actually.

...Hmm...I guess I sort of left the topic of the story, didn't I.

· Registered
1,754 Posts
Yes, that was definitely clear as mud

Once again you've reinforced the fact that you are more close-minded than any of your targets.

Conservativism or liberalism has nothing to do with anything you've just tried to relate.

You also have very little grasp of the competitive marketplace. When a dealer agrees to sell certain brands, they have an obligation to those brands (as the manufacturers have to the dealers.) It's supposed to be a mutually beneficial relationship. And the dealers have a duty to promote and protect their brands.

I agree that bad-mouthing other brands is a stupid and short-sided tactic (and don't disagree with a few of your points about what might make a good motorcycle dealership), but to determine that all of those bad dealers are "conservative" is just pure, prejudiced nonsense.

What you're saying is that anyone that YOU deem to be a conservative is crooked and stupid. Hmm, where are all of those wonderful viewpoints you were talking about?

You should take a good hard look in the mirror.

· Registered
1,072 Posts
Hey thanks, my wife won't allow me to say anything bad about W. She says my hatred for W is irrational. I agree with her. To be honest he just reminds me of all the guys I hated in college: Never did any physical work in his life, born with a silver spoon in his mouth, used his daddy's influence to get by, while most of us had to work summer and part-time jobs to make it through school he partied. Life is not fair.... The guy who slides by becomes president and fracks up everthing the guy before him, who did know physical work and didn't slide by, did...

81 - 100 of 268 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.