Motorcycle Forums banner
141 - 160 of 268 Posts

· Registered
409 Posts
If it went over your head, I'm just joshing. Pluralistic debate is good. Seruzawa, Longride, and Buz provide perspective albeit one I don't usually agree with. However, I would much rather have them speak their mind than not.

· Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: 06 or 05?

It's an '05 silver pearl. I plan on putting plenty of miles on it. They did have a new Buell Ulysess (?) Pretty cool looking bike actually, I wouldn't expect the rim mounted disc and belt drive to hold up off-road, but it looked pretty cool.

· Registered
1,072 Posts
Pot calling kettle black. You are just as much off topic as I am..

No I get my facts from the WSJ... Deficits at record level? Do you dispute that? Do you think it is not harmful? Perhaps you need to get some economic education before you make such an uninformed comment...

Facts:

Deficits at record level.

Dollar down cause of trade and budge deficits.

Defictis caused by reckless tax and spending policy by Bush.

OK send me email if you want an intelligent debate offline. Otherwise don't name call or belittle me...Cause you know my history and you have plenty Type A conservatives who will join in your piling on... I'll only do the same back

· Registered
1,125 Posts
Hello up there. Anybody here me? Hello...??

OK I have the basement to myself. Let's see. What was the question? Oh, there it is..guy gets fired for riding his Harley to his job at a Yamaha (or Polaris) dealership. At Will employment was discussed already. Here's what I think. He's a jerk. That's why he was fired. That's done.

No one's here...now where'd I hide that girlie magazine?

· Registered
55 Posts
Yes, and you can quit because the boss is gay, likes anchovies on his pizza or calls himself a motorcycle prophet. That is the neat thing about 'at will' employment. You are not obligated to do anything for him as he is not obligated to do anything for you.

· The Toad
17,449 Posts
Hey, I don't care if they ban the Bandito or not. I just think that he will finally get so insufferable again that Sean will once again say "enough".

If I want the latest propaganda lies from the DNC (or RNC) I can get it direct from their websites and running dogs in the press. No need for the Bandito to mindlessly repeat it here.

And furthermore I bet you that in reality I'm even more anti-establishment than you are. So there. Nyaaahhh!

· The Toad
17,449 Posts
Just like people go through the stages of dealing with an alcoholic, so people go through the stages of dealing with kook. First they try reason. Then insult. Then they advocate violence. Then they simply bow to the inevitable.

Maybe we should start a support group. I'll donate the first 50 rounds. By "support group" I meant artillery support, of course.

· Registered
55 Posts
You think being president is a good job? There are better paying jobs, with more actual power and control and you don't have to get your name splattered all over the place for idiots, like that old Kpaul guy, to blame you for all of their problems.

· Registered
878 Posts
In other words, business owners that invest capital to create a money-making operation must be compelled to hire people they don't want to employ? Or compelled to keep people on staff that breach the contract if their employment? Is it OK if they just shut the whole thing down and employ nobody? Or is that against the law too?

If I start a business, no matter how big or small, either I get to choose who works or to hell with it and nobody works. Would you rather have a smaller economy, less wealth to go around, or employer discretion?

Ever hear of the right of association? Or the Constitution for that matter?

· Registered
1,140 Posts
Re: I think he has something here

Uhhh, the cause of the "great depression" is quite well known.....Smoot Hawley Tarrif act which set off a worldwide frenzy of tarriff setting, tax hike after start of recession - thus vacuuming money supply out of economy - THEN to top it all off, a FED that took steps to, thats right folks! - reduce the money supply even more.

141 - 160 of 268 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.