Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
I bought a Canadian KTM Adventure 950 before it was available in the states. I got it here, but I wouldn't do it again. I won't bore you with the story but had i not been a lawyer able to get help from partners while i was cooling my heels in nelson b.c. it woulda been awhile. as it was it took me 5 days. i have pictures of me and the customs people with the partially disassembled bike in the stall at u.s. customs.

My wife has a black market gsxr 400. we were able to get it here and licensed. if you want to know how i will tell you but i won't guarantee it would work twice. the bike is just what she wanted. when it breaks i have to get the shop manual translated. some stuff from a bandit 400 will fit, some won't. my neighbor has a machine shop so sometimes we make parts, but it is an adventure. no grey or black market bike should be your only bike unless you don't mind downtime.

other than that its a cakewalk.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I basically agree. However, subject to the newness of the bike and the way the customs agents interperet the regs things can change. i did that, thought i had it in the bag and then ran in to problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.