Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I brought one in from Australia. Without realizing it, I was the importer. The US customs guy really cornered me and I got the 3rd degree. Only thing missing was the bright light in my face. Made a point of telling me that I was the importer and that if they found drugs or anything illegal in the bike, I would be arrested and charged with a crime. My biggest crime was not being aware that I was supposed to call a day or two before so they could inspect it at their leisure. I put them out by just showing up, and they went out of their way to be very particular. They made me go to the bonded warehouse with them while they took it apart. They looked in about every opening or possible hiding place. Had a dog sniff it. When they finished, they told me I could take it. I asked if they were going to put it back together, and they said no. I borrowed a few tools from the warehouse and put part of it back together. Then I had the load the biggest part (frame and motor) with a fork lift. I put the rest of the parts in my truck and took it all home to re-assemble.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.