Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Don't know who Li'l Abner is? You're kidding, right? Just when I thought I'd found an interesting bunch of sophisticates it turns out yer just a bunch of MOrons after all. So like in a fantasy world I get Daisy Mae, right.....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Fred,

Nice yarn and it's very nice to think of the folks in Dogpatch again. I hope you will keep the rest of us aware of your routes so that we might try and keep away or at least out of the danger zone. Maybe and licence plate warning would be in order. AVOID RIDING WITHIN 1000 FEET IN ANY DIRECTION! Have fun out there and good luck to everyone else.

Zak

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
And don't put him on a new gixxer close to anyone riding a Ducati. Like a homing torpedo.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Maybe if Fred and I go for a ride sometime our clouds will dissipate. I'd be game and the World might be a better, safer, place.

AND You think I'll be safe to be around on the CR do you?

AND Buzz, why don't you go have the staff polish the Stable?

AND More good stuff as usual Fred/ MO.

·
Registered
730 Posts
"Deck the halls with Boston Charlie........Falalalala and Kalamazoo

Nora's freezin on the trolley....walla walla cauliflower ,alley garoo."

My old man was a Pogo and Lil Abner fan......every Christmas we were treated to the above song...he knew every verse. His nickname at work was "Rotten Ralphie" after the Lil Abner character;they thought it aggravated him,but he secretly loved it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
In response to all the requests -- this morning I am departing Staunton, VA, enroute to the famous TWO - Two Wheels Only Motorcycle Resort in Suches, GA. (Hey - MO - want a story on this place?)

For the next week I will be HQ'd at TWO, eating their legendary food at night, and spending the daylight hours riding Deal's Gap, Wolf Pen Gap, the Cherohala Skyway, the Blue Ridge Parkwy, and all those other great roads in the surrounding area.

Come join me in the non-riding evenings on the porch for some bench racing, if you dare.

Fred Rau

aka Btflspk

aka "The Freditor"

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Say "Howdy!" To Britt and GT for me!

Hope I can make it out there sometime this fall.

Don't tease The Frank!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are you sure those were bad luck stories? Any of those incidents could have ended much, much worse, but instead the "unlucky" rider now has a story they can recount over and over again to fellow bikers. Maybe Fred was a good luck charm who turned a potentially horrible situation into an adventure?

Still, I'll remember not to plan any rides in CT when Fred has a group ride planned. I've done enough rain riding.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Fred,

It's in Conn. that you live? Remind me not to go riding through on my way to see my daughter in Larchmont, NY.

Saw Al Capp speak once before he gave up on the RW BS and once after. Talk about a change, remarkable.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.