Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
bush/cheney stickeys

haven't you heard? bush/cheney stickers are obsolete.

there is a rumor that comedian jerry lewis is coming out of retirement to seek the nomination because republicans won't trust anyone with an IQ larger than that of the average turnip.

"you are either for us or against us. and if you are against us we will find an excuse to shoot you."

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have ridden the XB12R and found it a great road bike for people 5`9" or so.

I`m 6`2" and it was confining.

I owned a Cyclone M2 low. Twas a nice Bike.

For my money a Ducati Monster or 1000 Supersport would be more exciting.

I had a Duke 1000 SS and it was among the best.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
KP, are you really serious about this or are you just flapping your gums about another bike that you won't really buy (Triumph Daytona, Victory 8-Ball, etc., etc.)?

If you actually go through with this I will extend my sincere congratulations as you will have a load of fun on that bike and it looks cool, too. Just remember that you WILL have to change your frame of reference; it'll be very different from your bike.

And for God's sake, make sure you get out and ride the thing, okay?

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
I gotta renew today.

This could be one of the all time best ride reports in the history of MO.

I do second the vote for the Uly. I rather have 90% of the performance and be comfy. Not to mention, I don't know how to use the other 10% anyway.

You better hurry up before all the twins die out.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Don't forget

When you test ride it you will need to make an adjustment coming from an I4.

During our test I went from my MV Agusta to the Buell. In the beginning I kept banding the Buell off the rev limiter. My MV with its 13,000 rpm redline didn't start making power until about 7000. The Buell pulls from 2000 rpm and is incredibly easy to wheelie.

I started riding it a gear taller and the fun began.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
I got $5

There is no chance there is going to be a new xb anywhere near kp's garage. I'll buy ya what ever you're drinking. Plus, we have yet to see the "reasoning" you know, "my bikes paid for, twins......etc."

·
Registered
140 Posts
How does the Ulysses handle dirt back roads and is it ok in the comfort stakes with pillion and lugage?I run a BMW1150 GS and a Yamaha street bike at the moment,but am considering hiring or buying a Buell to tour the US and Canada.Also are there any better looking mufflers available than the car style can?

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Priceless. Utterly priceless.

This is why it's hard to stay mad at kpaul. He's so hilariously entertaining.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
"I am going to go out and spend my stock bonus.. "

A stock bonus? In this Herbert Hoover-like economy? What are you getting - apples, pencils and a tin cup?

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
"KP, are you really serious about this or are you just flapping your gums about another bike that you won't really buy (Triumph Daytona, Victory 8-Ball, etc., etc.)?"

Cut him some slack. He had to buy that biodiesel car first. Didn't he?

·
Registered
18 Posts
KS,

There are a few of us Bueller in Seattle. We are VERY fortunate we have 3 good Buell dealers. I have had the best luck at Downtown HD. They happen to be the largest Buell dealer in the country. They sponser a race program, and a few of the sales guys (Steve Swap comes to mind) own buells.

I have found HD's insurance to be great for most people (really it is just a referral program), they were not as good as Safeco in Seattle. I live in Belltown and pay ~$800 for full coverage on an '06 xb9sx.

Just go ride one and enjoy.

21 - 40 of 102 Posts