Motorcycle Forums banner
81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
uh-oh when was last KP sighting? Poor little fella musta suffered a breakdown and filed this thread just before they dragged him away giggling hysterically. Him on a Buell should provide the proof mrs KP needs to have him put away for a long time compis dementis how's that go?

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
non compus mentus

·
Registered
473 Posts
hey, great talking points. maybe you otter send your resume to the white house. they need speechwriters, y'know ...

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Call Milwaukee, I'm serious

I was having an issue with the Geezer glide main fuse opening even after the recall. The local dealer gave me the "we couldn't find the problem" answer.

I called customer service in Milwaukee and they were fantastic. He called the dealer directly and told them what to do. The dealer called me and couldn't believe it was The MoCo calling them. They thought it was a joke at first.

Anyway, geezer fixed perfectly, no problems since.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Call Milwaukee, I'm serious

Good idea. Hope they don't hang up on me when they hear the word "buell".

"Uh, wrong number..sorry.."

·
Registered
328 Posts
I thought I was as well; I'd start it and dress while it warmed. Guess it didn't take as long to suit up as I thought!

You're right about the plugs being small, too. Kevin Cameron once wrote a great column about shrinking thread sizes and the consequent growing closer of the insulator and plug body. They're still bigger than the ones in my VTR250, tho. That fouls when you look at it cross-eyed...

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Wait a minute, just rode the CR around the neighborhood, and the seat got hot. Now I know why the SX seems so "familiar"

Broooo...brooooo..broooo..ba ping... ping ...ping....

Hot seats, ummmm...

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Don't forget

CA has a Lemon Law. Don't be afraid to press the issue.

Buell has worked hard on its reputation and should have no problems solving your problem.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
I am still here though mscuddy's experience with his buell has me concerned....I am going to ride thing though before give up on it...The XB12R looks so diffferent and cool compared to everthing else out there and it sounds cool too...I am going over to bad weather bikers.com for more pep talk...

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yeah, but kind of a bad idea moneywise. Just buying the windscreen, a pair of wheels and the air box cover (I could pull all the other decals) wouldn't cost much less than the $1199 Shifter custom paint set... probably about $900 retail.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Don't forget to look at SacBORG too, though the difference between them (in my admittedly limited experience) is a little like the difference between Philadelphia and Tombstone, circa 1885...

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
I would send it in, but the country is in such a bad state that I can't afford to either print it, or the postage to send it. Things are just horrible I tell ya. You know things are bad when the poor people have to wear regular jeans and trim their calling package minutes on their cell phone. It ain't fair I tell ya!

·
Registered
209 Posts
That's, um, not how the economy works. You don't "own" the U.S. if you buy U.S. Government debt. You own a claim against future taxing or money-printing authority in the U.S. which is a very different thing.

While excessive spending could yield inflationary pressure in the future, keep in mind that government spending in the U.S. represents about 30% of GDP, of which about 20% is Federal and the remainder is state and local. We're running deficits now, although they have been shrinking since the impact of the last round of tax cuts has washed through the economy.

By way of comparison, public sector spending in France is over 50%.

Our national debt, by comparison, is about 65% of GDP. Germany runs 68%, France 68%, and the UK, about 40%.

The Wikipedia entry has a nice chart of its trend of the historical values. In the "modern" era (income tax), it's been as high as 120% (WWII) and as low as about 38% - during late 1970s / early 1980s stagflation.

You can see on the chart that it varied between about 60% and 65% through the 1990s, with a dip around 1999 / 2000 and then a spike thereafter coincident with the recession triggered by the tech. collapse.

cdg

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Don't try to confuse the issue with facts. Political control requires that the public be kept in a constant state of fear and turbulence so that political figures can offer "solutions". Naturally these "solutions" require that citizens competely subordinate their lives to their "saviors".... who happen to be the ones who created the entire mess.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
The average poor person has a car, a 33" TV, a microwave, a cell phones and cable/satellite TV.

I feel so sorry for people who discover that they can't afford Harvard and have to send their kids to a State University. Horrors! Something must be done!

81 - 100 of 102 Posts