Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read review of 2008 model. If it is not a car and not a motorcycle, what then are the licensing requirements? I could envision a lot of interest in this vehicle, if a person can drive it legally with a standard Class E license.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Just read review of 2008 model. If it is not a car and not a motorcycle, what then are the licensing requirements? I could envision a lot of interest in this vehicle, if a person can drive it legally with a standard Class E license.
In almost every state you will find it insured as a motorcycle. Play it safe and get the bike license. You might as well go through the MSF basic course while your at it. You'll get an additional discount of 5%-10% depending on company and pick up some good habits, too.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
I think the rider/driver will have to pass the state mandatory pest control test that covers tics, chiggers & roaches. And instead of a fire extinguisher, you'll have to carry a big can of RAID with you at all times. Get it? Spyder? Pest Control? Oh hahhahha....

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Would be interesting to see what an MVA/DMV does if you showed up to take a road test on one.
With power-assist steering and wheel spin control and such I would think that you should breeze the road course.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Mountain Dew

I think the combo of tequila and morphine has you a bit giddy this morning Cuddy!
Nope, it's this stuff I've been brewing out on the back porch from Molasses, corn and brewers yeast, 6 days of furmentin' @ 12% content gets you 150+ proof done XX times through the mini-still and then into the big copper one. Throw a burnt chunk of maple wood in the end results for a few days and it's smoooooth sippin hootch.

Of course this is just ethanol fuel for the Honda car, not for personal consumption (burp).

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Most states require a motorcycle license to operate a 3-wheeled vehicle on the street. While I like the Can-Am Spyder, and it is a hoot to ride, I think that this requirement will hamper its popularity.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.