Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
I think it would be more interesting if they deleted the word "Canada" wherever it appears.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
The Honda dealer in the middle of the Napa Valley sells mostly ATVs. Apparently they come in handy for running errands around vineyards. I have never ridden one, (drove one?) but, my stepdaughter, who is in a wheelchair, is just ambulatory enough to operate one of those things, and thinks it's a hoot. They also seem to be a thing that families can do together, but I also know one person who was killed, and another who ended up paralyzed from the things. I wonder how their fatality rate compares with dirt bikes.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I see loads of them in certain ATV approved areas in Utah. I prefer not to see them because I've lost count of the unhelmeted children.. even infants I see on those things with their stupid clueless parents. I see 'em all the time on dirt roads without even wearing eye protection. Darwin at work.

If you roll one it rolls right over you. Unlike a dirtbike where the tendency is to seperate from the bike. And some of the new one are freaking huge. If it rolls over you you are dead.

·
Registered
530 Posts
They're a blast for farms and ranches, and if they have a rack mounted they're more useful than trucks for quick errands and whatnot, and more stable that trial bikes. A helmet and eye protection are a must, but aside from that they're safe enough unless you get stupid on 'em -- in which case they're not very forgiving if you roll (two wheels are much easier to get off of).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.