Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man I've got a good one. I've been looking everywhere trying to find a carb kit for a 1972 honda cb450. A simple kit with the gaskets and what not. I can't seem to find one, can anyone help me out with this? Also would I need a special gasket sealant for the new carb gaskets? If so what should I use? :mad:

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
You've tried Honda and gone through all the accessory catalogs? If the CV boots are shot and no replacements are available (it is 36 yrs old) you may have to try to adapt a later year carb to the bike.

Good luck with that. I found out by trial and error once that the 28mm Mikuni from an old Kawasaki would fit in the place of the Dellorto on a 250cc Duck. It's going to take some determination.

Mscuddy might have some ideas. He's like the old POS Japanese bike God!

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Googled "Carb Parts" and third one down shows me this:

CARBURETOR REPAIR KIT: HONDA CB450K 68-71

Yeah, it's only to '71 - but you might give 'em a call (if you haven't already) - that kit might even be what you're looking-for (some years model-overlap)

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Replace 'em with Amal Monoblocks. They're way better than the crappy Honda stock carbs.
Nah, I wouldn't bother. My theory being; if you've tried one Carb - you've tried Amal..........

(It HAD to be said, and YOU KNOW IT! It's like, a Law or something......)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.