Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"but Cave Creek Town Manager Usama Abujbarah refused."

Put it together, pilgrim: Usama-Caves-Loud Pipes-excessive fines. Freedom is at risk!I say we try and bring democracy to Arizona.

Stay the course.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
How dare anyone interfere with motorcyclists' God given rights to run wide open drag pipes and racing Muzzies anywhere they wish!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
In Finland if your bike makes too much noise the cops stop you on first sight. If the measurement shows too many dB that´s the end of your trip and you´ll experience an instant but tearful farewell to your reg plate. Thats ok because you can always wipe your eyes on the steep fine you are holding. Reregisteration requires complete vechicle technical inspection. Needless to say we don´t have bike noise problem.

In contrast in Argentina, where I live at the moment, nobody pays any attention whatsoever to any possible noise laws.

Guess which country is nicer to live in? Of course Argentina because they have excellent wine and best beef on the planet (or second best after Brazil).

- cruiz-euro

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can anyone explain how waking up your neighbor's baby when you start your bike to go to work in the morning makes you a "freedom loving" motorcyclist?Or, how your 110Db aftermarket pipes make your cruiser more enjoyable to ride. I don't get it. Why is it necessary to give yourself and all your neighbors a headache to enjoy your motorcycle?

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
You can't argue with a noise law GPTB members. What I mean is that I would rather have an objective standard way to measure noise like a decibel law rather than have a town to ban motorcycles all together. I am sure W's Weasels* of the GPTB will say that the law infringes on their right to cause hell or discriminates against Harley-Davidson owners. These same riders were the kids with the playing cards in their bicycle spokes or the attached Mattel battery powered noise maker. It's not the volume of the noise but the quality of the exhaust note that should valued.

* seruzawa, longride and Buzglyd.

·
Registered
512 Posts
What about cars?

Isn't it funny they don't post signs or have a fine for loud car pipes??

How about equal treament and include a car / truck noise law, but no, once again they are focused on motorcycles!!

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
We should be better than that.

Hey I received a ticket in Boulder, Colorado when my car exceeded the noise limit. Remember what you tell your kids when they say about the neighbor 's kid "Johnny's parents don't make him make his bed" I say well Johnny doesn't live here. i.e. because we are motorcyclist we should have higher standards then cagers. i.e We should obey the law because it is the right thing to do not just because it is the law

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Re: What about cars?

Good post!

I can't recall any time any of the GPTB defended the use of loud pipes. Psychoboy is really resorting to wild lying in his bid for attention these days. Maybe his battery charger slipped and fried his brain. Or maybe he fell over when he tried to raise the sidestand of his Ninja and discovered that it had been down so long that it was rusted solid.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: What about cars?

LOL Good one.

Glad to know the GPTB doesn't support loud pipes just bad wars...

·
Registered
3 Posts
See the December 06 issue of Rider; Clem Salvadori (Page 28) chimed in; "I do believe we have to regain control of this issue." (Excessive Noise). If WE don't, the non-riding, annoyed public WILL. Making a lot of noise is a childish affectation, and threatens my right to ride. I can't ride the 17 mile drive in CA, because noisy riders stimulated the authorities there to close the road (it's a private road, after all) to ALL bikes.

·
Registered
131 Posts
He is right IMO. Its a crowded world. We have gone forth and multiplied and multiplied and multiplied like biped rabbits and now we reap the consequences. Everyone's preverbal nose is closer to everyone else's activities. A crowed world is by necessity, a regulated world. We motorcyclists need to exercise some self restraint here, as oxymoronic as that seems.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
It's them damn Democrates there Komrade, give 'em an inch and they'll have us workin' in a durn tractor factory and eatin' beets for dinner!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.