Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'd love to get an opinion from a professional about carry my new Nikon dslr on my M900 Monster. I've got a tank bag and a tail bag.

I've carried laptops in my tailbag for years without problems, but my camera has more moving parts.

What do the pros do?

Thanks!
Bob -

Sorry I posted out of topic, but I'm hoping to get an opinion from a MC.com staffer rather just any yahoo. Thx!

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Duct Tape. Or zip-ties.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Hi,

I'd love to get an opinion from a professional about carry my new Nikon dslr on my M900 Monster. I've got a tank bag and a tail bag.

I've carried laptops in my tailbag for years without problems, but my camera has more moving parts.

What do the pros do?

Thanks!
Bob -

Sorry I posted out of topic, but I'm hoping to get an opinion from a MC.com staffer rather just any yahoo. Thx!
I'm just a "yahoo," but if you shove it up your ass, it should be cushioned from any engine vibrations etc.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
He said he wanted an opinion from a MO Staffer, not a "yahoo" like you.

Geez pal, can't you take an insult when you get one?
I've got a "Staff" for you.........

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm not technically a pro, but I'm better than you. You don't give us a lot of fairly important information. Like what lenses, lighting, and other items your going to carry. Do you use a tripod?

I'm going to guess that you have the kit lens and nothing else. Wrap it in a towel and stick it in a backpack, ya yahoo.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
The old MO photo mule Bandit had a luggage deal behind the back seat with foam cut-outs for all the camera parts.

And certain English road racer types got real mad when you beat them up Latigo Cyn. on the photo mule, with 50 lbs of camera gear in the "trunk".

Remeber that one, "One Fast Brit"? Hahahhaha

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
As a general rule the "I'm fast" crowd ain't.....I use to find that back in my MotoCrossing days, some guy all decked out in his Torsten Hallmans, Hi-Points, Bell Star with obligatory Jim Pomeroy stripes and Jofa stylishly hanging from it's strap out popping wheelies and cross-ups during practice on his Maico or what have you would be the guy I used for a berm in the first or second corner on my Yamaha......of course "the f*ckin' rain's making my bike run rich" was the usual excuse.......

As far as your camera goes I agree with Ken, probably best to stick it up your ass......

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
As a general rule the "I'm fast" crowd ain't.....I use to find that back in my MotoCrossing days, some guy all decked out in his Torsten Hallmans, Hi-Points, Bell Star with obligatory Jim Pomeroy stripes and Jofa stylishly hanging from it's strap out popping wheelies and cross-ups during practice on his Maico or what have you would be the guy I used for a berm in the first or second corner on my Yamaha......of course "the f*ckin' rain's making my bike run rich" was the usual excuse.......

As far as your camera goes I agree with Ken, probably best to stick it up your ass......
You can spend your money on accessories and "upgrades" or you can spend your money on gasoline. Which is more likely to make you a better and faster rider?

I see that all the time during hunting season too. Rich clowns with fancy expensive Weatherby or Sako rifles who can't hit the broad side of a barn door. Better to buy a Remington and spend the money you save on ammo and range fees.

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
I hate to interupt but,....

So sorry to interupt this thread but,...I seem to be having a problem on only my home pc. When I click into anything other than a listed (home forum page) thread. I can't do anything but that. Can't open new posts, can't open new threads nothing. Which is why Iam butting in on you guys I tried posting up a new thread in tech support and as soon as I click on tech support or anywhere else this page shows up. Can anyone help? Oh and it only happens on this site? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cannot have a DOCTYPE declaration outside of a prolog. Error processing resource 'http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/search.ph...

<?xml version="1.0"?><methodResponse><fault><value><struct><member><name>faultCode...

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
Can Someone Help Me?

So sorry to interupt this thread but,...I seem to be having a problem on my home pc and other pc's aswell. When I click into anything other than a listed (home forum page) thread. I can't do anything but that. Can't open new posts, can't open new threads nothing. Which is why Iam butting in on you guys I tried posting up a new thread in tech support and as soon as I click on tech support or anywhere else this page shows up. Can anyone help? Oh and it only happens on this site?

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cannot have a DOCTYPE declaration outside of a prolog. Error processing resource 'http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/search.ph...

<?xml version="1.0"?><methodResponse><fault><value><stru ct><member><name>faultCode...

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
So sorry to interupt this thread but,...I seem to be having a problem on my home pc and other pc's aswell. When I click into anything other than a listed (home forum page) thread. I can't do anything but that. Can't open new posts, can't open new threads nothing. Which is why Iam butting in on you guys I tried posting up a new thread in tech support and as soon as I click on tech support or anywhere else this page shows up. Can anyone help? Oh and it only happens on this site?

<?xml version="1.0"?><methodResponse><fault><value><stru ct><member><name>faultCode...
What can I say? It's MO......

Can't help ya' Buddy, but wanted you to know you're still "getting through" at least on this thread.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts

Using IE? Go to internet options/general and click on "delete cookies" and "clear history". Shut it down and start it up again. If problems persist then reboot. You should download "spybot search and destroy". It's free. Install it and run the scan and prevention facilities.

If you continue to have browser problems remove the browser entirely and re-install it.

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
Thank you very much Seruzawa, I'll try. Also I think the spybot has already been installed. Also I will probably have to have the wife reinstall the browser Iam not to efficent on the pc. Funny thing is I tried my wifes pc at her business and it did the same exact thing, so essentially I figured it was the site.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.