Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
The pinto was going to be revolutionary, first car with a lined tank among a few of the features planned. Of course they cut the liner out of the final draft and presto, the bomb was born.

I had a '72 240 z, still miss that car, loved it before someone decided they liked it more than I.

An old GF had a fiero, somehow we crammed 4 into that thing, one of which being me. So 6 normal humans may have fit...

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
The issue with the Pinto was the bolts used to hold the gas tank support straps were too long. If you were rear-ended the excess bolt length could pierce the gas tank with pretty predictable results. The fix was just a sawzall away, or you could go one step further like I did and bolt a piece of angle iron across the two bolts to act as a deflector, then saw the ends off. Made them just about impervious to rear end damage.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Was not the Munch Mammut a rotary as well?

·
Registered
11,488 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Many know the Mini, not so many the Mini Marcos. It was an affordable fiberglass sportscar based on the humble Mini. It had some racing success and being Mini related could have Cooper tune. It overcame the Mini's great propensity to rust!

Mini Marcos

·
Registered
21 Posts
Many know the Mini, not so many the Mini Marcos. It was an affordable fiberglass sportscar based on the humble Mini. It had some racing success and being Mini related could have Cooper tune. It overcame the Mini's great propensity to rust!

Mini Marcos

Man that car is cool looking and must be a blast to drive. Reminds me of something from the Disney movie "Cars".

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.