Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP....i am need of someone who can look under the seat of a "f4"...and tell me the colors of which wires belong to the starter solinoid relay...and to which pin they go to......any help??....the bike has had wire "issues" and im just trying to straighten things up a lil'....the connector had melted and has been trashed/removed...with just 5 misc wires hangin'..and the wire diagram i have doesnt show to which "pin" or connecter they go to.....

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I just googled "CBR600f4 wiring diagram" and it turned up a couple of possible options. If I were you I would do that, print out a couple then take colored pencils or highlighters and trace each of the 5 wires from one end to the other. That'l tell you the run, then just connect them where the pin connector would have been.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just googled "CBR600f4 wiring diagram" and it turned up a couple of possible options. If I were you I would do that, print out a couple then take colored pencils or highlighters and trace each of the 5 wires from one end to the other. That'l tell you the run, then just connect them where the pin connector would have been.
..........ah ha'...thats the problem..the melted connector is gone...just wires are danglin'...i need to know which wire goes to which pin,,on the relay...thanks tho'...

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Ahem.

Our Electrical Systems Expert is being dipatched to assist you immediately.
You bastard! You vicious, heartless bastard! Look what you've done to him! He's worked his fingers to the bone to make this place what it is! And you come here with your petty, feeble quibbling and you grind him into the dirt! This fine, honorable man whose boots you are not worthy to kiss!

Attachments

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
I giveya' a dolla' fo' it - zat help?

:cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
its standard for all honda motorcycle big bike or the small motorcycle i mean tha color code..the usual is that the red wire passes through the starter solenoid but if it doesnt work..let me know i'll ask my cousin who has been with honda japan for quiet a long time and thast would solve it..

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
When a buddy gave me a basket case KZ750 a few years back, the wiring was all screwed up. What you can do is wire it yourself, using a wire to the started solenoid direct to the battery, with a motor starter switch as the make/break contact. Mount that to the frame, close to the gas tank. Then find the hot wire from the ignition switch, and plug that into something called the "igniter". That's the black box that controls the spark. That should do it.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
"When a buddy gave me a basket case KZ750 a few years back,....."

Hey, the damn thing is still running, and torments me every time it whooshes by the house...sounds like an episode of CHiPS is being filmed out front...

·
Registered
956 Posts
"When a buddy gave me a basket case KZ750 a few years back,....."

Hey, the damn thing is still running, and torments me every time it whooshes by the house...sounds like an episode of CHiPS is being filmed out front...
Great now I have that music and their smiling faces stuck in my brain. I think I'll self medicate.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
The episode I remember most was when the two of them were in hot pursuit of a VW van. They chased him for miles!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
The episode I remember most was when the two of them were in hot pursuit of a VW van. They chased him for miles!
Oh that's like totally believable!! Back in those years people would stuff a Porsche six in VW engine bays, and tune them for more power. I'm sure that van had one of those Porsche flat-sixes. :)

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
I liked the opening shots..."Dat dat daa da da...teeth, helmet, bike, gun...da daa da da da da...sunglasses, clutch lever, teeth, gun, chp star....da da da daaa da...boot, helmet, gun, teeth...da da dadaaaa da....etc..etc..etc..

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
I liked the opening shots..."Dat dat daa da da...teeth, helmet, bike, gun...da daa da da da da...sunglasses, clutch lever, teeth, gun, chp star....da da da daaa da...boot, helmet, gun, teeth...da da dadaaaa da....etc..etc..etc..
When Ponch smiled his face looked like the grill on a Buick Roadmaster! :-D

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
"Headless Paunch, you're more of a Man than I'll ever be!" - Vin Diesel, as XXX (Robot Chicken)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.