Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Like the Red one, no apparent racer boy graphics, I'm sure it'll be plenty competent for the street but... I'm still angry about the whole Edwards fiasco. My next bike won't be a Honda. I've owned them before and may well again but I'll cast my dollar votes elsewhere next time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
CBR1KRR = FUGLY

Leading edge of the fairing looks like a 999 (not what I'd copy). The red/black split does nothing to make the bike look good (poor attempt at copying Yamaha).

It'll probably go like stink, and run forever, but the 10R looks better and has better features, except for the underseat exhaust (best looking item on the CBR)

Bring on the 04R1!

SF

·
Registered
108 Posts
Re: Yawn

Wait til you see the pics of the R1 MO is holding. Unless the Honda and the Kwak have 15 more hp than the R1, they'll be also rans in the sales dept. The 916 has little on the new Yamaha, IMHO.

·
Registered
30 Posts
first, locutus it doesn't look like a 600RR, because the 600RR looks like the RC211V moto gp bike, which is the same look there going for on the 1000RR. And to waepoint, the swing arm on the 600RR is asymetrical just like the one in the above pic, fluid on the brake side, business and braced on the drive side. And to SF, there is not even a similar curve let alone design trait with the 1000RR and the 999, except maybe the color red and the under tail exhaust??? And how could Honda be directly copying yamaha, when they made it clear two years ago they were copying there own RC211V's body work and distinct style because they copyrighted the "look" of the race bike. And if you just mean the color scheme than your still out there cause Yamah has usually gone with red and white, or more recently red, white and black, but not solid red and black...

Anyway as with all the current literbikes I am sad to see the friendly ergo's slip away. But being that the bikes are focused on track wins like the 750 class of old, it was to be expected... I personally think they did a great job style wise, can't wait to see the comparo's...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah, that's no Photoshop effort, it has to be real. Look at the gearshift mechanism, looks like they are following Yamaha's lead with the stacked gearbox layout to shorten the engine. That shot of instruments/steering head looks very genuine (not from the 600) with a lower than 600 redline, integrated damper, hydraulic clutch and USD forks. I had heard that they weren't planning on calling it a Fireblade anymore, but that is what you can see on the tail cowling.

Personally I am not sure how this bike will be relevant to me as a street rider, but I am sure that it will make Superbike or its local equivalents more exciting to watch.

Should be an interesting comparison with the SV650 and Concours.....

Congrats to 2WF for showing it first!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Coming Wednesday Sept. 10, there will be an official press release by Honda about this very bike in Amsterdam, Netherlands. We'll know then for sure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
On the topic of new motorcycles

does anyone have any info about the apparent dead-end of the "new Vincents"?

I had a habit of checking out their website every couple of months, and as far as I can tell, nothings changed at all since March 2003 - they've even got placekeeper screens up indicating that some alternate bike designs (the Black Shadow, Black Lightning ST, and Black Eagle) will be "Coming Spring 2003"

Is the Vincent renewal already dead?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
The styling is fantastic! It's definetly a street-racing machine. But I'm a little worried about where all these street racing bikes are going to lead us.

Will we eventually all end up on Suzuki Burgmans?

I guess as long as the squids don't endanger anyone else they won't ruin it for the rest of us??

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.