Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Looks like the squids have to wait even longer to get the latest and greatest that's at least 0.0001% faster! They'll just have continue the cruise their older mounts down the boulevards on Saturday nights, chicken strips proudly displayed.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
And of course the dealers will mark them up accordingly. Where I used to work the sales manager calculated the "freight and setup" based upon how popular the bike was. In this instance, it would definitely be $1269.

Later, it would drop to $769 and then to $369 as the inventory increased and demand slowed down.

·
Registered
152 Posts
This could possibly hurt sales of the new CBR600RR simply because the competition is already available. I have no doubt that the new CBR is a great bike, but I've already seen the new ZX-6R, and it's quite lovely in the metal. Admittedly I wasn't prepared for how small it is, but at least I could go to the local Kaw dealer and buy one today if I had room in my wallet for an extra motorcycle...

Remeber, it's always easier to do things the hard way. Chango

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Damn you Joe_Momma How could you mention the holy grail of chicken eating, in a forum that is also read by those of us in CA, where there isn't a Longhorn to be found.

When I moved to CA from Jacksonville, FL I immediately went into Longhorn withdrawal. I still twitch, when someone mentions Longhorn Chicken Fingers.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ain't too bad a delay...

I know some Honda riders that have been waiting from 98 to 2002 for the red 4 strokes that would put the YZ400F to shame. At the time the rumors said that it would be a early release 99...

I'm also on the lookout for something of a CRF250, now it's said to be a early released 2004.

My father also had to wait for his 2003 ST1300. Crates were on hold for a couple of months, his dealer giving all kind of excuses for the delay (like: they have to get different warning labels on the bike!?!).

Is it a trend with Honda?

Ciao!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Re: Ain't too bad a delay...

I work for honda and where there is a delay there is a problem. They are real carefull about realeasing anything that could have a flaw,weather it be mechanical or cosmetic.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.