Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Re: Replacement doesn't mean recall ?

What I want to know is where are all the slack-jawed nipple chewers that have honked on Suzuki about recalls now ? I had a thread going with some bozo a couple of weeks ago about how he loved his CBR and had no problems with it and Suzuki couldn't say the same about any of their bikes... What I said to him was that when you push the performance technology of bikes you can have some problems. He didn't even know about any recalls that were done on Yamaha's R1 and now we have a Honda with it's second recall. Pushing the envelope ? I think so !

All of the big four Japanese makers want to get the bikes right especially in America. Lawsuits can cost them big money over here and that's one of the reasons they recall parts. Even Ducati has had recalls on the 996/748 models, so no one is immune to this. Free replacement should be a given since most of the bikes that were recalled would still be under warranty. It's nice to see some humor about losing body parts though due to this. And to think all I got was gas burns on my nuts from the tank recall on my TL. :p

·
Registered
94 Posts
Re: Replacement doesn

I think that you took that last paragraph as not being the joke that it was intended to be. BTW, I checked your page. That GS brings back some sweet memories. I had an 80' GS750E in that same color except the pinstripes were orange and red. I put Dunstall rearsets, laminar nose fairing, Yosh pipe, 1100 cams and superbike bend bars on it. Man, I still miss that bike. I had to sell it to pay for a moment of ignorance that had to do with the Texas DPS and seeing just how fast one of their new Mustangs would really go. :) Ya' know some things in youth ya' don't miss too much when you get older.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.