Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
What divx codec are you guys using? I have 4.11 on my computer and it can't read the video portion, but the audio works. If it's an older version of divx, do you know where I can get it? I don't know that even if I have it, will it override the 4.11, you know what I mean?

·
Registered
273 Posts
According to the readme: The DivX(tm) codec v4.11 is the latest and greatest release of DivX. Too bad it doesn't work with these (and some other) videos. Any help is appreciated. I'm running windows XP professional, but I don't think that has anything to do with it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
None of the three new ones worked. The only one that did was the .mpg file. It's even more odd because I installed a divx 3.11a codec, and I reinstalled version 4.12. I'm using the newest version of media player that there is, and I have directx 8.1 I think. Oh well, I guess I'll just stick to the large mpg files. It must be because you guys are encoding with a 3.x version of divx. I really don't like divx, not for its quality, but because the company that made it doesn't seem to serious about support for their product. Do you know where I would be able to get the codec for the mp4 file type? Thanks for all the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.