Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I agree looks cool. About the engine " With over 115 horsepower and 120 ft/lbs of torque, you'll have more than enough ponies for whatever type of riding you do" from the Revtech site.

Plenty of power. Yep perhaps Sean would be interested in riding this thing since it's a V-Twin but not a chopper. Thanks for sharing yellowduc_1.

·
Registered
208 Posts
No gross weight listed....no wheelbase listed...no lean angles listed...this isn't good.

To me, this looks like a drag bike -- you know, something Rupaul would ride on his way to picking out a new Beyonce wig.

MO, please test ride this for us since no one in their right mind would buy it. And compare it to bikes of comparable cost -- we could use a laugh.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Amen, brother. RevTech engines are Taiwanese built. Seems some people had issues with the Korean built engines in the last "US" sportbike post. They get something like $9K for the Revtech engine alone. (700% profit is better than none).

This thing is everything a Buell isn't. This really make Buells look really good, and shows what value they really are.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Flexi Flyer?

They talk about the "Santee Featherbed frame" as if everyone should know what it is, but there is very little information on the web about such a thing. It looks very bendy in the way a late seventies UJM frame would have been.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
The fit of the tank needs to drop closer to the engine, the fairing looks a bit to kantanaesque and the seat has an odd tilt to it, but there are some good points to this bike. But it back in the oven for another 20 minutes.

·
Registered
325 Posts
If it was a high school shop project, I would have to grade it an "A" based on my experience of what those shop projects normally look like. As for this company trying to sell it as something more, (and at $20k no less) I would have to give it an "F".

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I think it looks good in a minimalist sort of way.

If nothing else it's a heck of a better choice than 30K for a flamepainted overchromed softtail.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Re: Flexi Flyer?

The old Norton featherbed frame was a dual cradle that looks similar. It was considered one of the best frames for many years and the Nortons were the best handling big bikes of the 60's and 70's. Japanese frames didn't even begin to catch up until sometime in the 80's.

Not a bad choice for a bike engine from the 20's.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Maybe this bike was built to appeal to guys in our age bracket, but outside of the frame tubes looking a little on the spindly side I think it looks really cool. To bad that you'd have to assemble, and paint it yourself, but 20 large is still one third the price of a Confederate Hellcat. VWW

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Imagine putting your own bike together and designing your own paint job in this day and age! I'll hand it to anyone who has the dedication to do that much work on his own.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.