Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Your mother and father gave you that name out of love and family tradition, is that not good enough for you? There's been a SoCalCycle serving this country since the 1700's....do you think your Great Great Great grandfather SoCalCycle thought about changing his name while he shivered with cold next to George Washington at Valley Forge?.......How about you Great Great Grandfather SoCalCycle while he was marching to Atlanta with Gen. Sherman, do you think he thought his name wasn't "cool" enough?.......SoCalCycle was certainly good enough for your Great Grandfather while he was slogging through the mud at Belleau Wood with General "Black Jack" Pershing.......I didn't here your Grandfather SoCalCycle complain about his name while he re-armed Hellcats aboard the Lexington, I guess it was good enough for him too!

But not for you eh? I guess we could change it to "Mr. Toogoodforhisfamily"....or Mr. "SoCalCycleissolameIwant tobeAaron" .....Well, you should be ashamed of yourself young man, if your grandfather was alive today he'd probably keel over dead with shame at the little ingrate he used to bounce on his knee.......

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Your mother and father gave you that name out of love and family tradition, is that not good enough for you? There's been a SoCalCycle serving this country since the 1700's....do you think your Great Great Great grandfather SoCalCycle thought about changing his name while he shivered with cold next to George Washington at Valley Forge?.......How about you Great Great Grandfather SoCalCycle while he was marching to Atlanta with Gen. Sherman, do you think he thought his name wasn't "cool" enough?.......SoCalCycle was certainly good enough for your Great Grandfather while he was slogging through the mud at Belleau Wood with General "Black Jack" Pershing.......I didn't here your Grandfather SoCalCycle complain about his name while he re-armed Hellcats aboard the Lexington, I guess it was good enough for him too!

But not for you eh? I guess we could change it to "Mr. Toogoodforhisfamily"....or Mr. "SoCalCycleissolameIwant tobeAaron" .....Well, you should be ashamed of yourself young man, if your grandfather was alive today he'd probably keel over dead with shame at the little ingrate he used to bounce on his knee.......
You know.... it's funny that you bring up every name my daughter missed in her semester ending 5th grade Social Studies test in December. Are we the last generation that remembers history?

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
You know.... it's funny that you bring up every name my daughter missed in her semester ending 5th grade Social Studies test in December. Are we the last generation that remembers history?
It makes one wonder does it not? I hate being political but the focus seems to have shifted away from the "dead white guys" who built this country to more esoteric subjects like the evil Europeans ill treatment of basically everyone they came across. It's a wonder we had time to usher in the modern era starting with the industrial revolution we were so busy oppressing everyone.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
In the same vein, how many kids that watch Avatar (which you just gotta go see in a 3-D theatre with a monster sound system! Really!) realize it's another "white man stomping on the red man and destroying his sacred sites" story?

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
In the same vein, how many kids that watch Avatar (which you just gotta go see in a 3-D theatre with a monster sound system! Really!) realize it's another "white man stomping on the red man and destroying his sacred sites" story?
James Cameron proved that you can in fact polish a turd.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.