Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Honda cruiser that is painted in Harley orange from the Honda factory! I wonder how Honda got that paint from Harley? Did they buy it from them or steal the formula? Does that Harley orange paint make the Honda more valuable? Is the value higher because this is the 'Special Edition" one? I'm just askin'. :-D

2003 Honda Shadow Special Edition--Harley Orange

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
That's basically the same 52-degree 3-valve mill they put in the Hawk GT (with the addition of fins). However, a Hawk GT sounds good with a decent slipon - Shadow's sound like Shyte 'cuz they usually get dragpipes, often without a crossover. Just a loud, farting noise as they motor-by.........

Of course, it helps that the HawkGT doesn't have a 42lb flywheel and the engine rev-characteristics of a John Deere Model "D" tractor............

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
- Shadow's sound like Shyte 'cuz they usually get dragpipes, often without a crossover. Just a loud, farting noise as they motor-by.........
I check out one of the HD enthusiasts sites now and then to see if I can learn anything, one subject that always comes up is getting rid of the cross-over and running "True Duels" or "Long Shots" Someone told them a balance pipe was bad so they all want to sh*tcan it then try to reverse engineer the torque they lost by adding cams, downloads and air cleaners...

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Well, duh!

I check out one of the HD enthusiasts sites now and then to see if I can learn anything, one subject that always comes up is getting rid of the cross-over and running "True Duels" or "Long Shots" Someone told them a balance pipe was bad so they all want to sh*tcan it then try to reverse engineer the torque they lost by adding cams, downloads and air cleaners...
Everyone knows that some tattooed doper in a greasy garage in Tarzana knows more about engineering a good exhaust system than the HD engineers. Sheesh. Whereyabeen?

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Everyone knows that some tattooed doper in a greasy garage in Tarzana knows more about engineering a good exhaust system than the HD engineers. Sheesh. Whereyabeen?
The Stromtrooper boys trade fuel maps like old broads swapping recipes. Frikin kills me, then they're doing TBAs and TPS adjustments EVERY OIL CHANGE!!! Left mine stock, runs like a bat, doesn't miss a beat since it broke in.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
You know what will really make a shade-tree Harley "tuner" crazy?

Start by pointing out that, especially while the bike is accelerating, more of the fuel/air mixture goes to the rear jug. (You must know that there is one carb, and the intake manifold splits horizontally.)

So, among many other phenomena, this means that the jug in front runs leaner than the one behind.

But, it gets better! The jug in the back runs hotter, because its cooling air has to pass the front jug first. So, running richer helps prevent pre-ignition (assuming the bike is properly tuned).

Stand back, 'cause their eyes will bug WAY outta their head! It works best if you wait until they are several beers into the day.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Left mine stock, runs like a bat, doesn't miss a beat since it broke in.
Tickles the hell out of me, my Dyna is stock with an 88dba. HD 49 state balony cut slip ons. Runs like a champ, torque out the backside and gets 45 mpg...

My Bandit is stock except a 21 in. Holeshot street can that has barely less back pressure than the stock, runs like poop through a goose and still gets 43 mpg.....

I spend my money on comfy seats and bars, tires and oil changes

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Tickles the hell out of me, my Dyna is stock with an 88dba. HD 49 state balony cut slip ons. Runs like a champ, torque out the backside and gets 45 mpg...

My Bandit is stock except a 21 in. Holeshot street can that has barely less back pressure than the stock, runs like poop through a goose and still gets 43 mpg.....

I spend my money on comfy seats and bars, tires and oil changes
I spend mine on lattes and antiquing.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
...hell fire we just bust the guts outa the stock pipes with a big screwdriver and weld fishtails on 'em and bingo, all the RUBs in Encino gotta have a set.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.