Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that's spelled "Xingyue", not "Yingjue".

WTF's the matter with you MOFOs? Is everyone asleep?

-Scott

·
Registered
156 Posts
So, how many trinkets and brochures did you take back home? Surely the folks back in the MO Tower wanted to see some evidence besides the pictures that you had spent the time looking at the displays..

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Tough assignment...:) Fun read thanks

·
Registered
956 Posts
It's 0428. I'm gonna be late and I'm sitting here trying to talk like a pirate. Don't tell anyone.

·
Registered
171 Posts
How is Indy a medium sized city? It's the 12th largest city in the country at ~791,000 and is larger than San Francisco (2000 census). I suppose on the world stage 800,000 people is not that large, but in the US it certainly is something above medium sized. I have never lived in Indiana and I doubt that I ever will.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Good info on the dangers of buying Chinese junk and the fly-by-night operators that sell it.

And Gabe survived a trip to flyover country without being converted into a Christian rattlesnake dancer. A bonus!

·
Registered
720 Posts
You saw some...

Hey, it's the Midwest, and a trade show. We can't have naked girls there.

The Indy show is not a consumer show like the Int'l Motorcycle Shows or Intermot. That's why there are fewer manufacturers of motorcycles showing their wares. The big, established brands don't need to spend money on booths at trade shows; they have all the dealers they need buying all the product they make already.

Smaller brands trying to get a foothold in the US market, like Hyosung, Genuine scooters, the zillions of Chinese importers and some of the Harley clone "custom" manufacturers do have booths and showed new bikes.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Chinese Junk?

Isn't that at the boat show?

Get it, Chinese Junk? Bwahahhahah

·
Registered
171 Posts
Portland's metro area population is not much larger than Indy's. LA and SF are much bigger metro areas than Indy. However, a large surrounding metro area does not make someplace a "big city" To some extent, the number of cookie-cutter, sprawling suburbs a city has located around its perimeter is irrelevant. Once you get past the first ring of suburbs, each successive wave is simply newer strip malls, newer and larger big box stores selling the same things and newer and larger versions of the same single-family detached homes. Blah-blah-blah.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Yes. And I for one welcome our new masters!

As conquering peoples go, the Chinese really aren't that bad, unless you're Tibetan. I can think of one place (Cambodia) where being invaded by the Chinese was actually a good thing.

When it comes to being civilized, the Chinese make Europeans look like tree-swinging barbarians. They had cities, beauracracy, writing and paper when we were clubbing each other over the head and flossing with rope.

Anyway, with the way thing are going in this country, (and world-wide)I think it's inevitable that the USA will lose its status as the dominant global superpower. It's also inevitable that someonelse will take over as the big dog.

They have great food, entertaining movies, are very organized and rarely practice genocide on their subjugated peoples. We could do a lot worse!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.