Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
It's great to see them out there.

It's great to see them out there riding, just don't see too many of them here in the Phoenix area yet but I love to see them when I do.

Come on ladies get out there and ride!!

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Well, judging by all the posters crying like little girls on the sport-touring comparo, I'd have to say about 85% of MO's readers are 9 year old girls who have just taken a shot to the clam with a big red dodgeball...

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
"It's one of the best things I've ever done for myself," she said. "I get crazy when I can't ride. Sometimes I'm at work and I just think, 'I've gotta go. I've got to go for a ride.' I never had that before." I love that quote.

OK I am getting crazy. I haven't ridden in two weeks cause of a bad back tire (kids college books took that money and more)... I am getting real tired of commuting in the cage... I miss the rush....I am going to Bulingame in a month... Every time I see a girl on a bike I smile....It's so cool...

Thanks MO this makes my day brighter!

·
Registered
87 Posts
You're so short of $$$ you can't fix a flat/replace a tire? C'mon, do it yourself! You don't have $100 to replace a tire? You can change the tire yourself for an investment of some time and $30 for tire irons.

No excuse. Get in that garage and get to it!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm a woman and although I don't post much I do read these boards alot....I've been riding about two years and commute daily unless there is ice or snow on the ground. I think the article pretty much captured the spirit of motorcycling. I like it because it makes going back and forth to work much more interesting.

And its good to know that us 5's out here become 8's by default when we ride. Its all good.

·
Registered
911 Posts
It is great to see more woman on two wheels.

I love having them as costumers, when you explain things to them about maintanance, techniques and the mechanical side of things, they really listen, they love to be treated fairly and make great word of mouth advertising.

Oh, and the chocolate chip cookies I get as tips are delicious!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had two experiences riding with women.

One was a girlfriend that wanted to ride MC back in the 80s and she bought a Honda Ascot, took the rider training class and scared me to death! I was board stiff in front of her and she was scared stiff following me. Time for a new girl friend!

The next was Fran Crane and some may remembers her as a Iron Butt competitor. It was a challenge to keep her tail light in sight.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
As I often do, I skipped around reading the article and came to the part where Aruna hopped on Veronica. Got my attention. Just what the hell was I reading? Why do women name things? Anyway, it's always good to see motorcycles/ists portrayed in a good light. We can use more riders regardless of sex, age, income or other demographic measure.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I love my 599 too! It's a fabulous bike for a woman, I think - fairly low and lightweight, but plenty of power - a good combination. I've rarely been anyone's passenger though. I started riding back in 1986, on a 500cc Honda Shadow, and have been riding ever since. I couldn't take the riding position so soon moved on to standards (Guzzis, mostly) and old Brit twins.

There are plenty of women riders if you know where to look. Women in the Wind, Ladies of Harley, WIMA, Women in Sport Touring, etc, are all out there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am going to make a first post(brave little me). I bought a 1985 Honda Sabre in May after taking a Riders Edge Course. Is it a midlife crisis? You bet. I am single have no children and finally had a way to pay for one. Thank you 401k! Life was boring and I wanted to meet some more people. By the way I find reading the comments on this forum pretty hilarious and also informative sometimes. Maybe it leans towards the "macho" a bit too much but hey the readershio is mostly male. Someday I will be able to put my 2 cents in but for now I am trying to learn as much as possible because as all my biker friends tell me I am going to want/need another bike in a couple years.

I have always wondered if there were any other women subscribers to this magazine. Or are they all lurkers like me. Joyce

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.