Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
And since they bought up most of the former Soviet Union's blue water navy, and most of our cement and steel mills out from under us, watch out. Remember the old adage, the country that produces the most steel and cement usually wins the next war.

As well as neat stuff like motorzied bicycle kits, Jawa knock-offs and now Buicks.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
We all better learn how to use chopsticks, 'cause China is the next big player.

Maybe they'll resurrect the Tornado, pushrods and all. I'm sure the tooling is still around.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Chinese take out again?

Maybe they'll slap Benelli stickers on those Jawa knockoffs the Mongolians ride now (instead of camels).

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
See my previous response to Dr. Seruzawa on the steel/cement plant deal.

And they've been buying US debt in the form of t-bills for about two decades now, so they pretty much own us.

Almond chciken anyone?

Personally I don't care if they take over, maybe they'll stick all the LA Gang members in some gulag manufacturing Benellis.

Feed 'em fish heads. And bullets.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Mmmmm. MSG & record debt...

The Mongolian BBQ on Manchester & Airport is a favorite.

I'm not arguing the point behind why cement-steel mill are being sold, dismantled and shipped. The Chinese are buying, and we're ready to sell. It's the eclipse of an emipre (ours). Some say a "fattening for the slaughter".

Curchill once said he disliked the Russians because they had an "Oriental streak of cruelty". Considering Mao and his minions made Hitler look like a piker, we ain't seen nothin' yet.

And what happens to our econmy if the Chinese all of a sudden dump the mighty greenback for the Yuan? Divest all those T-bills? I know it sounds crazy, but we don't understand the patience of a people, who would wait generations to vanquish an enemy. Hang us by a rope of our own manufacture (debt & consumption).

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Purity of essence

Yes, but this modern China is not the same animal as past commie dictatorships.

Historically China has kept within it's own boarders, content to work within it's own sphere of influence. But modern China has huge problems, such as overpopulation and a horribly spoiled environment.

As we've seen China has become a kind of quasi-commie state, embracing capatilist ideals and making them work alongside the portrats of Marx and Engles. And it needs lots more room.

We didn't see an inbalance of trade like this with the former hard like commie Soviet Union, and since they eschewed anything that could be construed as "capatalist", it proved to be their ultimate undoing. They didn't "evolve".

No, the Chinese have blended both forms of government very well, me thinks.

But you can't expect a bunch of ignorant peons to understand anything as complicated as the B-52. oops, sorry...

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Whirr...rumble...tick...clank...

Phew, runnin sweet. Got 190 miles on it so far, breaking in real nice. Getting super gas mileage. Seems kind of lean though (Kalifornia Uber Allis).

Of couse I've got to get use to a whole bunch of new sounds from that motor. Kinda sounds like a feed-grinder sometimes. A fast super handling feed grinder.

I dig it. After riding that old Kawacker for so long, it's like going from a Cessna 150 to an F16.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Whirr...rumble...tick...clank...

A new Lightning City-X. Hero Blue.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Better yet, lets blow up Benelli's by not adjusting the valves and overrevving them.

That'll fix those commie bastards.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.