Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting. A buddy of mine was towing his Goldwing from LA to Seattle last month when he was pulled over (He was flowing with traffic, but evidently in CA the speed limit for trailers is lower than for cars and bikes). He too found the officer to be rude, obnoxious and bordering on paranoia.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
it's the Patriot Act i think. We had a company christmas party cruise and hired a bus to take us to the boat and back. Got stuck in tremendous parking jam on the way back because of, you guessed it, sobriety checkpoint. When some of us on the bus reasonably politely complained when we finally got to the checkpoint and our bus was "boarded," the cop started actually yelling at us, little kids and all, and said anybody who didn't like it could go to jail right now. Personally, i think a "sorry for the inconvenience was the proper response."

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Ahhhh Quit Crying

He should have yelled at you, maybe arrested you too. It's that "common sense" thing that you love so much. You want laws for it, so put up with it, and quit crying about it. I'd have a checkpoint at every corner for seatbelts, helmets, registration, sobriety, kiddie seats, and anything else I could think of, just to give you what is needed. Common sense baby! It's not what you WANT JB it's what you NEED! LOL

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Re: Vocabulary for Dummies and Coke heads (SDSU grads)

A perfect description of you a-hole.

Perhaps you should break out your geometry textbook and see if you can follow the play on words in which the less obtuse among us were participating.

Back to ignore mode......

·
Registered
64 Posts
This is what we get for voting Republican!

This is the Tax Hike Arnold dose not have the balls to approve but has instead allotted to his Waffen SS, er CHiP officers to collect.

But seriously, (I was only kidding any law enforcment/home land security offices who monitor this and every other avenue of "freespeach" on the internet in the basement of the Pentagon), MO interview stated act in a calm professional manner. And then if the officer is obtuse report him.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Re: Vocabulary for Dummies and Coke heads (SDSU grads)

It's amazing how "educated" some people claim to be, and yet prove every day they are complete morons. Never ceases to amaze me.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Obtuse isn't limited to CHP. At 7:15 a.m. last Sunday I saw a cop pull over the car in front of me for going, oh, maybe 28-29, in a 25 zone. This notorious speed trap on Madison Street in River Forest, Illinois, is an arrow-straight, four-lane major road with a cemetary on one side and a forest preserve on the other and no pedestrian traffic to speak of. My instant reaction is to blame the cops for over-reaching, but it goes deeper than that. The village has actually refused a request from the state to raise the speed limit on the section of another major road running through town to match the limits on the sections on either side, going so far as to offer pay for repaving if the village agreed. Somebody wants it that way and is willing to pay a lot to keep it that way.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.