Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a nefarious government plot here! Don't tell them anything!

OTOH, it's nice to see some one in government pretending to care.

Nice to see questions about lane-sharing and parking on the questionaire.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
For the great unwashed (cagers) it will be very important to run PSA s about lane splitting. Otherwise, soccer moms everywhere will be taking out motorcyclist.

·
Registered
56 Posts
As someone who just moved from NYC (now Charlotte, NC), I can only say wow! Kudos. I did want us to check out Portland too, but my wife seemed what I will honestly call prejudiced towards that area of the country, mostly weather I believe, which I researched and proved is largely BS. Yes, they get a lot of rain in the winter but look at weather tables for the rest of the year. Also moderate temps. Anyway, back on track- the rest of the country needs to wake up. I lane-split regularly in NYC though it was highly illegal. Charlotte is filled with people (who I can only speculate) who think that since they watch NASCAR that it makes them better drivers. Funny, because when I watch motorcycle racing it only makes me think how much I suck. But you know, driving a car versus riding a motorcycle is like comparing doing finger painting to a fine oil-painting.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Doesn't really matter what city it is, does it? I live in Napa, and go through little bitty Lodi once in a while. They both suck, motorcycle wise. Lodi has the additional disadvantage of being really, really hot, which is especially suckatious in stop and go driving.

·
Registered
540 Posts
But there are fewer cars by a landslide. Bad traffic in Portland is a 15 minute hassle typically. However lane splitting and the ability to cut around traffic at lights would improve it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.