Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
I am sorry but you are wrong. You CAN brake and swerve at the same time. No, it is not simple. You just have to have practiced it. I practice it all the time, it's called trail braking on the racetrack where you brake AND change direction at the same time. I advocate track days on your street bike to teach you what that old gray mare can really do. Track days and their higher speeds are a great way to learn to deal with those "UH-OH" moments. Better to run off into the dirt when nothing is there to hit than to do it on the street where there are oh-so-many things to hit - none of which are soft and padded. Oh Yeah ATGATT! so if you do impact you have a better chance. Keep you eyes up and your brain engaged and don't override your abilities. (We all do it one time or another! Me included!)

By the way to quote an aviation axiom - Any landing you can walk away from is a successful one. I say the guy did good.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.