Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Motorcycles are fun for everyone!

When I was in high school I wanted a bike, BAD. I scraped together (in 1991) $250 for a 1972 Honda CB350. I loved it, I didnt care that everyone laughed at it, it was the thrill of riding. I gradually moved up thru cb750s to a mighty KZ1000. I have put tens of thousands of miles on bikes in all seasons, rain, snow, everything.

I am now graduated from college and have a job. I am a computer programmer, and I now own a new ZRX1100, and a 1983 BMW RT. I know what it means to love bikes and love riding. If you want to say that because someone worked hard to educate themselves, and now is reaping the financial rewards that they are not REAL bikers, then you are sorely misguided. I am not a fast rider, I am not the best rider, but I love to ride. I have fallen off, and I get back on. I do not hide under bridges in the rain, and my bike is not a fashion statement, altho it is a gorgeous machine.

Dentists who ride HD's, Software guys on new Kawasakis, whatever, these are the guys who have spent many hours trying to get their old rats to run before they could afford to buy a newer bike. I know my bikes had more miles up and down than forward.

Sure there are guys out there riding to look cool, but every sport has those participants. We as bikers should stick together, rather than insulting the people who are fortunate enough to own the machine of their dreams.

-Ken

·
Registered
13 Posts
Motorcycles are fun for everyone! Even HD's

When I was in high school I wanted a bike, BAD. I scraped together (in 1991) $250 for a 1972 Honda CB350. I loved it, I didnt care that everyone laughed at it, it was the thrill of riding. I gradually moved up thru cb750s to a mighty KZ1000. I have put tens of thousands of miles on bikes in all seasons, rain, snow, everything.

I am now graduated from college and have a job. I am a computer programmer, and I now own a new ZRX1100, and a 1983 BMW RT. I know what it means to love bikes and love riding. If you want to say that because someone worked hard to educate themselves, and now is reaping the financial rewards that they are not REAL bikers, then you are sorely misguided. I am not a fast rider, I am not the best rider, but I love to ride. I have fallen off, and I get back on. I do not hide under bridges in the rain, and my bike is not a fashion statement, altho it is a gorgeous machine.

Dentists who ride HD's, Software guys on new Kawasakis, whatever, these are the guys who have spent many hours trying to get their old rats to run before they could afford to buy a newer bike. I know my bikes had more miles up and down than forward.

Sure there are guys out there riding to look cool, but every sport has those participants. We as bikers should stick together, rather than insulting the people who are fortunate enough to own the machine of their dreams.

-Ken

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.