Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Re: Here

That's a great point about them being "the only motorcycle that people who don't know much about motorcycles know anything about."

When I first got a bike (Suzuki Bandit 600) in 98, and were telling people I started riding a motorcycle, what do you think was the first thing they said? "Is it a Hog/H-D/Harley?" Or "Oh, so you're one of those Harley bikers?" And if you said no, then the only other thing they might know was, "Oh, so you're one of those crazies on a crotch-rocket."

Yep. Either way, Harley will not fall that quickly. Too much pent up demand, and too many yuppies (not just in their 40s & 50s, but also 20s and 30s) with disposable income, and a desire to be bad, or at least have their friends think they look bad.

I'm sure there are a lot of true motorcycle enthusiasts that buy and ride Harleys, but quite a lot of people buying them mainly for image.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.