Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Re: Fat maybe, but rich ?

Neal, sorry to burst your bubble but some of us are old enough to remember what HD represented 20 years ago. Back in 71' I was riding an RD350 and had an uncle that had a 1200 Sportster. Man, that bike was the biggest piece of monkey-dump I've ever ridden !! I still ride sportbikes (93 GSXR, 00 TLS) and still think that HD's are farm implements. They may serve a purpose for many of the posers you see on them now but they certainly haven't done much on the technology front to improve the breed. People bash HD cause, face it, they still make an inferior product that is WAY overpriced. There is no way that HD will ever try to cater to the sportbike crowd. They've been whipping that dead horse VR1000 for seven years now and when they homogilated it (in Poland, no less) it was well into the $30K range then. 30 large for an under-performing sportbike is crazy !

You are dreaming if you think that when the used bike market becomes flooded with HD's that people will be picking them up and the "younger hipper sport oriented crowd" will be looking at Harley's. Pigs will never fly Neal.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Re: The XR750 in street trim is sweet too !

Neal,

I didn't mean to pee in your cornflakes. I think Guzzi's, the Daytona and 1100 are very cool. I also like the BMW R1100GS. And I've seen an XR750 in street trim that was vvveeerrrryyyy sweet. I'm not shallow enough to harp on people for not riding sportbikes but I think that some reality checks are needed from time to time. Ever seen a Vincent ? Or an Elgi-Vincent ? Now that is something I would pay 30 large for. For the Ducati "farm machinery" post earlier...it was gun barrels that they made, not farm equipment. And Aprilia ? Would you believe it was furniture ?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Re: Uhm.....he's right ya' know.

I really have to agree with Nick on that one. They are easy to ride and very unintimidating which is probably why so many women ride them too. Admit it...you don't see too many women on GSXR's, ZX's, RR's, etc.. Of course their tits get in the way of being able to put an elbow on the tank on a long ride but that's beside the point. I TOTALLY agree with the last sentence. You put the same yuppie dentist on a new GSXR1000 and his shaking would probably roll the turd he put in his underwear right down and out of his pants leg.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.