Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Doesn't sound fishy to me just a common garden-variety theft ring. They're a dime a dozen because they don't stay in jail long when they do get nailed. How long it'll keep happening in your "general area" depends on how good the pickings are and/or how good the cops are.

FWIW the insurance payout on a Harley is usually less than what a legit owner can simply sell it for in the classifieds, which would discourage fraudulent theft claims if that's what you're suggesting.

·
Registered
193 Posts
undeserving attitudes?

I believe somebody who puts down what others choose to ride and shows their jealousy of what somebody else gets paid may be the one with the attitude problem.

I'm one of those "overpaid" people who could afford any bike in HD's lineup quite easily but choose to ride a Triumph instead. Now maybe that's as dumb a choice as a Harley in your book but it's the ride I happen to like (long as I make smart decisions at work I get the luxury of making dumb ones buying a motorcycle --and I deserve that luxury. Sorry if you don't think so.)

However, the last thing I'd ever do is pass judgement on someone else's decision to buy a Harley if they like it and they can afford it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.