Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: The XR750 in street trim is sweet too !

Hey Hamatsu,

I did not mean that Ducati literally made farm machinery, I meant that the technology is still fudamentally a throwback to earlier times. V twin configuration goes back to the infancy of the motorcycle, and it's cool that it still works so well. The Japanese are not ignoring the allure on the V twin and are spending lots of money to be in that market.

Vincents are beautiful, BTW.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Whenever I read anything about Harley's finances or marketing schemes, I am reminded of my own love-hate relationship with this company. I love the motorcycles (I ride an 883) and would not wish ill will on the folks that build them. However, I absolutely despise the *&&$%# dealerships that I have dealt with. It started with the $100.00 service when I first got my bike. Turns out this was a very expensive oil change. I don't go there anymore.

And you need help? Don't visit my local dealership. If you don't look like you have money (I don't...cause I don't) then you are far too beneath them.

And we all know about the un-godly markups that the dealerships add to the bikes. I bought my bike 150 miles from where I live, because my local HD dealer had tagged an extra $1700.00 on mfg. suggested list price (you know; dealer-markup in the form of adjusted market value - whatever that is; prep, kissing thier butt, etc.).

I have always believed that if HD sales slowed and they stopped being the darling of Wall Street, it would not be the economy that caused it, but rather, the dealers (and because they allow this kind of stuff to continue, HD itself).

41 - 44 of 44 Posts