Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Tasting is crucial in order to win the race and tyre and suspension settings are the main factor this time. " -Valentino Rossi-

Valentino is going to "taste his bike"? Those wacky Italian riders, always thinking about food. I wonder what a VTR tastes like after being ridden for 8 hours?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Has anyone been to motorcyclenews.com website this morning? I swore I saw a breaking news from them stating that they will be showing exclusive photos of the new 2002 R-1 gathered from factory sources, but upon returning about 1/2 hour later - it was gone!?

The news link contained information such as showing the new lines, longer & sleeker nose, flatter gas tank, new Deltabox 3 frame, and "be there first thing in the morning of August 1"...

Just curious if anyone else out there caught that extremely short-lived news link?

Did Yamaha pull a Napster on them or was it a ploy on their end to pull in more viewers? Since it was so brief, I'll have to say Yamaha flashed their heavy artillery and threatened to obliterate their site?

What do you think? Sorry for this being off the subject, but I'll bet some one out there will post related info...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just the thought of racing at that level for 8 hours makes me cringe. Especially on a V-twin. After the race, I wonder how long it takes to get feeling back into their hands? Another 8 hours?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Usually the American style of riding is more accustomed to Dunlops. If most Domestic Championship riders use Dunlops, then why do Honda and Ducati (infostrada) use Michelin. They actually do well on the GP tracks, but no so well on others.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Been there, done that

You have NO idea of how oppressively hot it can be outside Nagoya at this time of the year. Been to see the 8 hour twice and WATCHING it was tiring. Usually in the high 90s with humidity of at least 70%. Too bad it's not televised--probably has more to do with licensing and legal issues because it seems more interesting than any of the car endurance races, but then again, I'm a rider, not a driver... :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.