Motorcycle Forums banner
61 - 80 of 99 Posts
Don't count out The Huck!

He's from the same state as the Clintonites - you should feckin' LOVE him.........

"The fall of the V-Twin in racing"

BFD. Everyone new it was a matter of time/circumstance. It's simple physics - the V-Twin would be at the mercy of the rules.

"The decline of the cruiser market"

It has?

"The rise of naked bikes based on sport bikes"

Started happening long ago. Hardly market-dominating at this point.

"The addition of the ABS option of sport bikes"

ABS was/is inevitable. Still limited application.

"The addition of the traction control option for sport bikes"

Ditto.

"Heads up Blue tooth display on motorcycle face shield"

Ditto.

"The addition of gear selection indicators on sportbikes"

My buddy's 1970-ish Suzuki had one of these. They're nice, but hardly necessary (well, maybe for you.)

"The emergence of the V-4 as the dominant engine in motorcycle racing. "

A V-4 won WSB? MotoGP? AMA Superbike? Who knew.

"Inventions - The kPPI"

Useless GIGO.

"The phrase GPTB"

Means evewrything, hence means nothing.

"Non motorcycle predictions - The Iraq war would be a mistake"

TBD.

"The emergence of biodiesel"

Jesus, dipstick, even YOU don't want it.

"The return of higher interest rates due to W's reckless fiscal policy"

Wow, interest rates nudging up after historic lows? Who'd have thought?

"Higher gas prices"

You said three-four bucks a gallon after the elections, liar.

And you forgot "The Rocket III will destroy Triumph."

Re: Picture of my bike

Nice ricer-boy bike, kpaul. Whose is it?

"our new house is so much bigger my wife is convinced it needs to be full.. I don't get it since one daughter is away at college"

Wow, it's a good thing not everybody is a resource-hogging planet-rapist like you. But you talk about biodiesel and stuff, so you're pure...

"I'll post a training report this week on my blog"

The link says you haven't created a blog yet.

Cripes, do you actually DO anything?

"My big sis lives in DC her husband is W crony/Weasel i.e. low level political appointment."

You must be a joy at family functions.

V-4 to be the next big change in stock sportbikes

schizuki my friend go for a ride. Is it the full moon that is making you grumpy? Just a short rebuttal.

Yes gas will hit $3.00 in January and $3.50 next summer. Interest rates will rise to almost 1980 levels in the next decade. Why? Someone has to pay W's tab. TBD on the war? The V-4 will become the dominant sportbike engine in the next 5 years. I am talking about trickle down technology from MotoGP my friend.. V-4s can give you could primary balance, firing order balance, are narrower than inline 4s and can out perform V-Twins.

Colin and the RC51

Oh yeah Colin is a stud and a helluva nice guy. Darn good racer. Loved him in World Superbike on that antique RC-51.. Honda beat Ducati at their own game.

Re: V-4 to be the next big change in stock sportbikes

So how come you're talking about correct predictions when everything you've cited still has not come to pass?

BTW, V-Fours had all of those advantages twenty years ago.

Discussion starter · #75 ·
I rode mine in, it's about 50 miles to Seattle from my place, kp lives about 5 miles closer, in fact I pass his neighborhood on the way home everyday. Sunday was low 30's up here in the hills, closer to Seattle it was 40 and sunny....in short, a perfect winter riding day.

There was a couple of dozen bikes in the m/c area of the parking garage, so I wasn't alone. We ride every year unless it's snowing.

Oh that is why you are upset. Those are predictions I have made.... some of them have come true some haven't yet

Cheers

kpaul

resident idiot. i.e. don't take me seriously please.

Hell, I'm not upset. You entertain me to no end. You're Margo Kingston to my Tim Blair.

"no war... "

Clinton had a war. He just ignored it:

"Yet another group of anti-western Islamic fanatics is training thousands of terrorists in Afghanistan, and we know it. Terrorists launch a series of strikes against the U.S. -- the World Trade Center, Khobar Towers, U.S. embassies in Africa, the U.S.S. Cole. The terrorists training in Afghanistan are behind most if not all of these attacks. The president does essentially nothing in response. Offered several opportunities to take out the leader of the terrorist group, he declines. Later he will blame his inaction on various U.S. agencies under his control, and on the fact that taking action would have engendered criticism, since he had evaded the draft. Soon after the president leaves office, the Afghan based terrorists launch an attack on U.S. soil that kills approximately 3,000 Americans."

61 - 80 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.