Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many thanks, Joe. The very one thing that MO did not need was that battered, orange rally bike with issues.

The rust, alone, must have been a significant deterrent to your purchase.

Now you've got to remove that ugly orange batter, too.

We anticipate your forthcoming rally posts.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Really bumbed out

I was really looking forward to that restoration article.

I have a CB750 in my garage that I need to start working on and I could have used the help.

Yea I have to say that I am not pleased.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
I think my project may be going the way of Gabe's. I have a buyer, and my mind is wandering to other projects, like possibly boosting the Busa, or doing a frame up resto on the 82 FLH, OR I have a really good line on a mint 79 CBX at the moment. So many decisons!

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I've got an '84 Magna that would make a great project. Many many happy hours could be spent restoring this gem of engineering.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Old Japanese UJMs in need of restoration are like the FruitCakes of the motorcycling world; Something someone gives you and you keep it until you are able to pawn it off on some unsuspecting fool.

BTW, anyone interested in a 1981 Yamaha XJ650? It's all there, some parts in boxes and will run (I think). Probably just needs a good carb cleaning and a new battery.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Maybe Emma Lazarus said it best:

"Rebuild your tired, your poor, your leaking cycles yearning to breath free, the rusting masses of your teaming shore, send these the bent and smoking messes to me, I lift my wrench besides the golden door, but only after drinking six or seven beers more."

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Tell me; exactly *WHERE* do you come up with this stuff?

Always original, always clever.

This one is one of your best yet!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
That was a lousy ending to that story unless you follow it up with the new owner. Seems like Local MO Reader - CB550 Enthusiast is willing to take it on. Tell us how it ends!!

I would reveal the story of my Triumph Tigercub rebuild, but I'm still in therapy.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Thank you sir. When I saw the name "Lazarus" I naturally went back in time to the 4th grade where we had to sing that damn song.

I feel like Billy Pilgrim sometimes.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
What? It's a HONDA! Greatest motorcycle in the world. I know it had a few minor problems with exploding transmissions and selfdestructing valve trains. And having to remove the rear wheel and fender to replace the fuel filter is a bit of a chore. But.... it's a high quality HONDA! A much better bike than my '85 XLX-61. The fact that the XLX never had a lick of trouble is insignificant. The HONDA! is still the paragon of quality.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Olympic beer drinking. Herculean. I got invited to actually ride the Baja Miglia in 2007 on a CRF230. RS asked me "how's your night vision?"

Like a cat. Meeyowrrrr.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
like those guys i was reading about who are into like the first Apple computer. Only question is "why"?

Basically, we want to make damn sure nobody, but NOBODY, of either sex, will ever want to have sex with us EVER again...

Beyond the Valley of Nerd...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.