Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
two weeks?

My dealer was allowed to put in his orders for the new concourse last Monday. His best guess was that he might have one in his shop in about two weeks.

As others noted, they are already available in Canada and a few brief reviews have already been posted in various places.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Mr. Duke said MO would have a review out shortly, apparently Pete is going to be testing one this weekend. My local dealer has no information on when they'll have them in stock. You might want to check insurance rates first if you're financing. I was unplesantly surprised to learn they pegged it as a "sportbike."

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Mr. Duke said MO would have a review out shortly, apparently Pete is going to be testing one this weekend. My local dealer has no information on when they'll have them in stock. You might want to check insurance rates first if you're financing. I was unplesantly surprised to learn they pegged it as a "sportbike."
You need State Farm insurance. They don't 'peg' anything and you pay by cc's only. $325 a year for full coverage on a Busa. Can't beat it with a stick. :wink:

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
+1 for State Farm reasonable rates and they came through for me when my Trophy got clipped.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes, already at the dealer. A few guys over on the Concours forum (ZG/GTR fanatics) already have theirs.
Yes, there are reports from people from VA, PA, NJ that have bought them that I have seen. Their early ride reports are favorable. There was a big media riding/testing event this week. I assume MO was involved and even now writing a report.

I'm going to check with my two local dealers (one in SC one in NC) this morning and may drive one away????

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Go for it, Looks like a pretty cool bike and one that'll give the K1200 GT and FJR a run for their money. All we need now is a Hayabusa based sport tourer and we can really cover some ground LOL

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got mine 6 days ago and it's a fantastic machine. My dealer got only one so far. Incredible power and handling and comfort. Mine's non-abs because I didn't want to wait for the abs.

I can only echo the review comments which are all over the other forums so not much point in doing that. All the good and bad have been reported.

The only bad point that I have noticed are that it is tall and makes it slightly more difficult to back up with a 32" inseam. Shorter riders can forget backing up. Real short riders shouldn't even let it come to a stop.

The other only bad point is that there is a fair amount of heat on the lower legs which I partly fixed by adjusting the insulation in the lower fairing. Heat was coming thru the fairing from the headers and can be blocked by insulation inside the fairing. Got that fixed and now the only heat is that coming from the louvered side openings that vent the radiator and not much can be done there.

I love this bike and it's met or exceeded my expectations!

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Kawasaki's website claims 605 lbs dry weight. Probably weighs more like 700. Another porker.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Still beats the Vision by some 150-200lbs!

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
So?

Still beats the Vision by some 150-200lbs!
Why is it that bikes just get heavier and heavier? Calling any bike over 600 lbs "sport" is ridiculous no matter how well it "carries it's weight". Even Triumph with 20 years of technology to draw on managed to managed to make the new Bonnie heavier than the old one.

Must be an American thing. Everything has to be consumed in mass quantities.... mebs mebs!

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
And I'm still not a fan of the Concours 14, yet. I'd sooner buy a ZX-14, put some bar risers on it and save about 200lbs.

Even if you left it as-is, from all reports the ZX-14 is already very comfortable with really good ergos.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
And I'm still not a fan of the Concours 14, yet. I'd sooner buy a ZX-14, put some bar risers on it and save about 200lbs.

Even if you left it as-is, from all reports the ZX-14 is already very comfortable with really good ergos.
Look I have nothing against these bikes as bikes. But the average Japanese "sport" tourer weighs more than a Superglide. 730 pounds for the ST1300. 665 for the K1200GT. 650 for the FJR.

1975 HD Superglide weight = 560 pounds.

Get real. These bikes are so far on the tourer end of "sport tourer" that you may as well drop the "sport".

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.