Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remorseful statements like those in the article mean very little to me. The real question is this: will the court look at the congressman's past history of reckless driving and sentence him to prison, or will he get off easy because of his political connections?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I heard his press conference on NPR the other day. He was talking about how his injuries didn't mean much, but he sure talked them up. I wish one of the grieving family members had shown up to give the other side.

We need to see how non-celebrity people are sentenced and compare them to what he gets. Unfortunately I feel he will get a fairly light sentence considering he killed someone.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Since he's been charged with felony manslaughter and will have to stand trial, there's no one to protect him. I predict the jury will toast him. He will then have to resign from Congress. Whether he serves time is anyone's guess, but I hope he's gone a long time.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
A congressman spends his career surrounded by lawyers and, at his level, he has access to the very best (worst?). Don't expect any stiff penalties in this case. He has too much influence to trade. He may lose his office but he won't do time. I have moved from a skeptic to a cynic.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Where's the point people? We motorcyclist have been put on the short end of the stick for so long that when tragedies happen it seems that there is no out cry from our community to make a change. Simple fact is that because this guy is a state offical he will only recieve probation. How do I know? 10+ years in the bail bond industry (before I opening my insurance agency) and a house full of cops and lawyers. THE GUY IS GOING TO SKATE BY WITH A SLAP ON THE WRIST. Mark my words. His real charges should have been Manslaughter I, Reckless Endangermant, Failure to Obey Traffic. He should be facing a minimum of 15 to 25, but alas, our legal system treats motorcyclist as second rate citizens.

·
Registered
473 Posts
no one to protect him??!!! HAH hah hah!

too funny. no one to protect him but a team of high-priced shysters. there will be no one to protect him, alright. just like OJ.

face it, dude ... money talks in american criminal justice. if you or i had landed in this pickle we'd be in jail by now.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i'm glad he had a news conference to calm the public and spin the murder of a motorcyclist (i liked the expression here, "[that] motorcycle thing"). i'd still like to see him lynched.

let's face it, he'd be seeing far more hate mail if he had killed a family and/or children.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Congressional privileges...

I, for one, would certainly hate to see him get off lightly for this. He apparently has already been given a lot of leeway in the past...12 speeding tickets in the last 4 years? How many of us would still be driving...or able to afford insurance with that record? And he still has some groovy cop lights that were installed in his caddy's grill when he was gov; seems somebody forgot to take them out when he went to D.C.

An interesting side note for those who like to debat helmate usage; according to the accident report, Mr. Scott wasn't wearing a helmet. Regardless of how you feel about 'em (I wear one...it's the law in my state) I figure that a helmet couldn't do much for you in a collision with that much Detroit iron at that speed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
"Janklow said President Bush, Bush's father and former President Clinton have called his home and that he talked with the Bushes but was not well enough to speak with Clinton."

LOL!

This Shill is just full of crocodile tears, and hopefully his jury will see this. Even if he was really sorry does it matter? Whether your remoseful or not should not have any impact with your sentencing. That's what punishment is for. Imagine how many other convicted murderers whould be on the street, how many children would be relieved of being grounded, if all it took for meeting with their punishment was just to feel sorry for what they've done.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
You forgot Idi Amin

Janklow may not be in this league, but he's the sorriest son of a ***** I've seen.

At least he's not going to let his personal tragedy stop him from serving the people of S. Dakota,

What a guy.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I think they're charging him the most the law allows, which in this case is manslaughter 2

I don't doubt he'll skate, but it looks like the prosecuter is putting forth the effort.

How many motorcyclists do you think his attorneys will allow on THAT jury.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Sorry my ass, the local papers(I'm from SD) say that he hasn't even contacted Randy Scott's family. BS like this makes me want to hunt him down and do some good old fashioned vigilante justice, something that would do the Dakota Territory of 120 years ago justice.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hey now, we still have to operate under the principle of innocent until proven guilty. There's been no trial yet, so we can't be certain that he actually blew through a stop sign at 15 mph above the speed limit and nailed a motorcyclist and killed him...

No wait, I'm wrong.

But at least wait until he weasels out of it to go weasel hunting. I'd rather see the system do its job than not be given the chance. That way lies madness.

-Kawazuki

·
Registered
373 Posts
Jacnoff is berry, berry sorrrry...my arse!

He was on ABC news two evenings ago and completely vehement on how he will NOT step down. ABC mentioned that he had 12 speeding tickets in the last five years and five other accidents. A woman who nearly lost who family as Jacnoff barely missed her vehicle said how she was brushed off by the police when they learned that is was Jacnoff who was driving the car that nearly totaled hers.

We need to write Washington as they don't want bad press or notoriety. Jacnoff cannot get away with murder.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.