Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about trading my 1977 FXS Low Rider. The bike is exceptionally original. It runs extremely well, and is very reliable. It was rebuilt from the frame up in 2002 by a factory trained HD mechanic. All numbers match (frame, engine, trans), and the bike looks quite original. There are a few non-original items, these include Crane electronic ignition, Progressive suspension front and rear, S&S crank and flywheel, S&S Super E carb, Andrews cam, Manley valves and springs, new HD chrome controls, and a few more items. The bike was repainted in original color and OEM decals were used. It currently has a Santee exhaust, however, I have the original exhaust and the original carb.

Although it’s a super bike, I’ve had it for 15 years and I’d like a new toy. I’ve invested close to $30k in the bike over the years in the 2002 rebuild and ongoing maintenance. The “street price” is around $7k to $9k, so selling it outright doesn’t make sense to me. So, I’m looking for someone who has a comparably collectable, equally valuable bike that they’d like to trade. I don’t have anything specific I’m looking for, but 1970’s street bikes, European or Japanese, are of interest to me. I am not considering another HD at this time.

If you’re interested in talking about a possible swap, drop me a private note via Motorcycle.com. I have lots of high resolution photos of the bike I can share, and I’m going to make a short video of it soon too.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Well....

I am thinking about trading my 1977 FXS Low Rider. The bike is exceptionally original. It runs extremely well, and is very reliable. It was rebuilt from the frame up in 2002 by a factory trained HD mechanic. All numbers match (frame, engine, trans), and the bike looks quite original. There are a few non-original items, these include Crane electronic ignition, Progressive suspension front and rear, S&S crank and flywheel, S&S Super E carb, Andrews cam, Manley valves and springs, new HD chrome controls, and a few more items. The bike was repainted in original color and OEM decals were used. It currently has a Santee exhaust, however, I have the original exhaust and the original carb.

Although it's a super bike, I've had it for 15 years and I'd like a new toy. I've invested close to $30k in the bike over the years in the 2002 rebuild and ongoing maintenance. The "street price" is around $7k to $9k, so selling it outright doesn't make sense to me. So, I'm looking for someone who has a comparably collectable, equally valuable bike that they'd like to trade. I don't have anything specific I'm looking for, but 1970's street bikes, European or Japanese, are of interest to me. I am not considering another HD at this time.

If you're interested in talking about a possible swap, drop me a private note via Motorcycle.com. I have lots of high resolution photos of the bike I can share, and I'm going to make a short video of it soon too.
... it could be worse. I saw a guy advertising a 5 year old Toyota SR5 with "$25K worth of audio equipment". Too bad for him the truck was still only worth blue book.

You should try ebay. List it as "rare, collector's edition, one of a kind, yada yada yada." Who knows?

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please Send Pictures

... it could be worse. I saw a guy advertising a 5 year old Toyota SR5 with "$25K worth of audio equipment". Too bad for him the truck was still only worth blue book.

You should try ebay. List it as "rare, collector's edition, one of a kind, yada yada yada." Who knows?
I actually listed a bike on Ebay and some other sites. The result was an endless stream of scam emails. I really don't care about selling the bike; I just thought it might be interesting to see if something turned up as a possible trade. If it doesn't, the bike just gets worth more every year anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.