Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a secondhand yz250 year 1985-1986 recently, and now im having problem in kickstarting the bike. sometimes its up to 10 kickstart. 1 more thing, is it normal for the bike to consume too much fuel, becoz i played it for only 30 minutes and it already consume a few litres. Pls help me. im new actually in this sports.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
20-year-old moto, starting problems. Go figure.

Define "Consumes Too Much Fuel", please.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Two strokes have a lot of advantages over 4 strokes. Fuel economy isn't one of 'em. Always keep plenty of premix around.

Look at it this way. The insane costs of keeping a modern 4 stroke MXer running are far less than the difference you will spend on fuel. So smile. You're miles ahead.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I bought a secondhand yz250 year 1985-1986 recently, and now im having problem in kickstarting the bike. sometimes its up to 10 kickstart. 1 more thing, is it normal for the bike to consume too much fuel, becoz i played it for only 30 minutes and it already consume a few litres. Pls help me. im new actually in this sports.
The YZ 250 is an MX bike...."several litres" in half an hour of hard riding is not unreasonable.As far as the hard starting its hard to tell. Do you have good compression?....if ridden hard these bikes need top end rebuilds fairly regularly. Is the carb clean? Is the ignition set up right? You may want to have a mechanic check it out and give it a good overhaul. Or get a manual and do it yourself....2 stroke top end rebuilds arent too hard.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Beware the laughing dog.
.....that plays in the spokes.......

(and stay away from the greasemud, for there lurks the Skid Demon..............)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.